If Trees Could Sing: Amy Grant & the Pecan Tree
Amy Grant talks about the pecan tree and the benefits that trees provide us.
Amy Grant is well-known as a Grammy-winning singer-songwriter and recording artist in both Christian music and pop. She has been one of the leading stars in Christian music since her recording career began as a teenager in the late 70s, and she has also had a major impact as a pop singer with songs like "Baby Baby" and "Every Heartbeat." Her latest album is Be Still and Know... Hymns and Faith. Amy did her video for us at Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary in Brentwood, Tennessee.
- Scientific name: Carya illinoinensis
- Range: orig. Mississippi valley and west into Texas; now across much of the U.S.
- Height: up to 140 ft.
- Nuts: long, thin-shelled, brown nut
- Fall colors: yellow
You Can Take Care of Trees Like the Pecan
- Plant in late fall or winter when the tree is dormant, unless the ground is frozen.
- Allow plenty of room for the tree to mature and grow.
- Water it regularly in the its first three years.
- Spread mulch around the base of the tree.
Mighty Cool Tree Fact
Did you know... research studies show that a walk in a forest will measurably lower a person's stress hormones, blood pressure and heart rate?