Travel with The Legacy Club in 2024!
Tap into your wanderlust with The Nature Conservancy on one of our 2024 Legacy Journeys! You are invited on seven exclusive departures to experience the world we are working together to protect. Click on each journey below for its full details and itinerary. Find safety protocols and other travel information within our FAQ section.
Journey to Colorado’s Front Range
May 14, 2024 - May 19, 2024
Double occupancy spaces still available! Breathtaking scenery, American history and forward-thinking conservation projects make for an unforgettable trip.
Journey to Southern California
March 24, 2024 - March 30, 2024
2024 departure is full. Wait list space is available! Witness nature’s wonders from mountain vistas to pristine coastlines.
Journey to Little St. Simons Island
May 3, 2024 - May 9, 2024
2024 departure is full. Wait list space is available! Off the Georgia coast, discover abundant wildlife and lush pockets of nature.
Journey to The Chesapeake Bay
May 12, 2024 - May 17, 2024
2024 departure is full. Wait list space is available! Take in stunning scenery, incredible wildlife and the maritime culture of the largest estuary in the U.S.
Journey to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
August 4, 2024 - August 9, 2024
2024 departure is full. Wait list space is available! Discover the dramatic beauty and varied wildlife that define this treasured lakeside landscape.
Journey to Big Bend & West Texas
October 13, 2024 - October 19, 2024
2024 departure is full. Wait list space is available! Explore landscapes sculpted by wind and water that support diverse wildlife and local communities.
Journey to the Dominican Republic
December 8, 2024 - December 14, 2024
2024 departure is full. Wait list space is available! Adventure from green ridges to sparkling waters—across one of the Caribbean’s most vibrant islands.
TNC Travel Values
Traveling with TNC means showing respect for each other and respect for the world around us and acting with integrity. Learn more about our traveler expectations.
Travel with renowned TNC experts and local partners for an exclusive, behind-the-scenes experience.
Our Code of Conduct
The Nature Conservancy’s Code of Conduct is our guide to ensuring that we treat each other with respect, fairness and integrity beyond reproach. We expect our travel partners to adhere to these standards as they lead trips, and we hope that you will embrace this with us.
Traveling with The Legacy Club
Frequently asked questions about traveling on these
exclusive journeys with The Legacy Club
Traveling with TNC means showing respect for each other, respect for the world
around us and acting with integrity. Before signing up for TNC Travel,
please review and familiarize yourself with TNC's Traveler Expectations.
- For travel taking place in 2024, TNC will no longer require vaccinations or confirm vaccination status for guests, staff, or hosts. We do strongly encourage all parties to continue to be fully vaccinated and boosted per CDC guidance.
- Participants will not be required to wear face masks while in vehicles or indoors. Masks will be available for use at your discretion. This is subject to change prior to or during the trip based on updated CDC and local or state requirements.
- To comply with CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 contact tracing and notification protocols, we strongly encourage all participants to notify staff if you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within the five-day period before your trip begins or after you return home.
- Guests will be required to comply with all rules and regulations adopted by local authorities to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which may include providing proof of vaccination and wearing face coverings.
Trip cancellations, due to COVID-19 or for other reasons, will be subject to the terms and conditions agreed upon with the operator during registration. Please ensure you have carefully read and marked the cancellation dates and penalties for your trip. The Conservancy recommends that travelers purchase trip insurance and suggest you talk with the travel operator about insurance options upon registration.
Cancellations terms are as follows:
(California, Chesapeake Bay, Colorado, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, West Texas, Dominican Republic)
- A trip deposit is due upon registration.
- The deposit is fully refundable within 7 days of payment when booked 7+ before full payment is due. After this time, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Full trip payment is due 150 days prior to trip departure.
- Cancellation 136-150 days prior to trip departure: Full trip payment is 50% refundable.
- Cancellation 0-135 days prior to trip departure: Full trip payment is non-refundable.
Little St. Simons Island:
- A deposit of 50% of the full trip cost is due upon registration. Full trip payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Cancellation 90+ days prior to trip departure: Full deposit is refundable, less a $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation 0-89 days prior to trip departure: Full deposit is non-refundable.
Note: TNC will work with travelers in the unlikely event that a trip is cancelled to receive as much of a refund as possible within the terms of our operators.
- A trip deposit is due upon registration.
Reservations will open for all seven departures starting on Tuesday, August 29 at 2 p.m. ET. Legacy Journeys are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend signing up as soon as possible starting August 29 to secure your spot! Signing up is done directly with the tour operator listed for each journey.
There will also be a waitlist created for each journey if and when each trip reaches capacity. We suggest adding your name to the waitlist! Spaces open frequently on our trips.
All questions about safety and protocols should be directed to the travel specialist listed for each journey. In response to COVID-19, TNC will continue to develop and amend safety protocols for each trip based on current CDC guidelines.
If you have questions, contact the travel specialist listed for each journey. You may also contact Erin Crowther, TNC's Legacy Journeys program manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These special adventures are meant for Legacy Club members and their guests only. At this time, they are limited to adults.
The pricing for each journey is listed in the trip-specific itinerary found on each trip's webpage and in the 2024 Legacy Journeys brochure. The prices quoted are estimates and may be different based on taxes and other incidental fees.
The cost is not tax-deductible, as price covers all the services rendered for your experience. The trip price includes all lodging, gratuity, domestic transportation, activities, meals, TNC expert staff and local guides. Price does not include your round-trip flights or transportation to the journey's start and end locations.
Yes! TNC always recommends purchasing travel insurance for our trips. When registering, ask the travel operator for more information about trip insurance.
When considering whether a trip is right for you, look closely at the itinerary and discuss your ability level with the tour operator if you have concerns.
Travelers should be able to walk as many as three miles over uneven terrain with some elevation gain. Some trips may include activities such as boating, snorkeling or swimming. Expect to be outdoors from four to eight hours on most days. A range of weather conditions is possible during each trip. If you do not wish to participate in an activity, discuss this with the tour operator before the trip, and, if possible, accommodations will be made.