Welcome Ohio Volunteers!
When you sign up to volunteer for The Nature Conservancy in Ohio, you will be welcomed into a family of dedicated individuals committed to protecting this state's finest natural areas.
Learn how to register as a volunteer.
Discover what projects we have going on in your neck of the woods.
Special Volunteer Projects
Please contact Angela Burke at email@example.com for more information about our special volunteer projects!
- Big Darby Headwaters: Biological monitoring of pollinators. April-October.
- Edge of Appalachia: Trail maintenance and invasive removal.
- Kitty Todd: Site clean-up for new tracts added. Flexible schedule.
- Kitty Todd: Preserve and equipment maintenance. Year round, as needed.
- Kitty Todd: Rare species and general biological monitoring. Flexible schedule.
- Kitty Todd: Stewardship Workday Leader. Weekends March-November.
- Kitty Todd: Mowing lawn around preserve office. May-September.
- Kitty Todd: Native demonstration garden maintenance. April- October.
- Kitty Todd: Hike Leader and naturalist. First Saturday of each month May-October.
- Oak Openings region (NW Ohio): If you would like to get more involved in the Oak Openings region please contact Ashlee Decker (Ashlee.firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Green Ribbon Initiative.
- Grand River Conservation Campus: Routine maintenance and construction projects. Flexible schedule.
- Grand River Conservation Campus: Nature Center staff volunteer at The Dr. James K. Bissell Nature Center in northeast Ohio. Flexible schedule.
- Great Egret Marsh: Restoration and maintenance, including litter removal, native seed collection, trail maintenance, and mowing. Flexible schedule. Contact Matt Kovach at email@example.com.
- Biological monitoring of amphibians and birds in marshes and wetlands. March-October. If you are interested in becoming a Marsh Monitor Volunteer, go to http://www.ohwetlands.org/marsh-monitoring-training.html for details and registration.
- Community outreach at local preserves. Flexible schedule.
Prescribed Fire Team Member (various preserves). Spring and Fall. Minimum 8 hours/day, 3 days/year.
What You Should Know
New to the Conservancy's volunteer team?