Latest News & Features
Kristina Serbesoff-King, Director of Science for The Nature Conservancy in Florida shares words of hope and inspiration for Earth Day and the March for Science.
See how we're revitalizing a neighborhood park and urban trail beneath Miami’s Metrorail.
Restoring sponge populations that have been damaged by harmful algal blooms is a key to healthy coral reefs.
Take a tour of our newest preserve!
Florida is home to many iconic trees, including those that quickly come to mind – palm trees, rare longleaf pine forests, and mangroves.
Learn about this first step in reestablishing the oyster populations that once flourished throughout the Charlotte Harbor Estuary.
Watch a video with stunning aerial footage to see why Florida's Blowing Rocks Preserve is so special.
Watch a video about our work in Florida.
With 1,200 miles of coastline, Florida is “ground zero” for storm surge. We've released a new suite of web-based tools to help protect our vulnerable coastlines.
- April 04, 2017
- The Nature Conservancy and The Friends Of The Underline Announce Partnership to Help Create Greenspace Below Miami’s Metrorail
- March 28, 2017
- The Nature Conservancy Funds Purchase of Land Along Rainbow River in Partnership with Southwest Florida Water Management District
- January 08, 2017
- The Nature Conservancy and Big Cat Rescue Release Rescued Bobcat at Tiger Creek Preserve
- December 12, 2016
- Florida Reef Resilience Program Monitoring Shows Less Coral Bleaching than Previous Years, but More Prevalence of Disease
- December 07, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy and TD Bank Collaborate to Protect Goulds Pineland Preserve in Miami-Dade County
- October 28, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy’s Nominee Jones Potato Farm wins a 2016 Commissioner’s Agricultural Environmental Leadership Award
- October 26, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Announces New Executive Team in Florida
- October 21, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy’s Wagner Creek Greenspace Restoration Project Awarded $20,000 Grant from The Miami Foundation’s Public Space Challenge
- October 20, 2016
- Oyster Habitat Restoration Project Underway
- September 30, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Supports the Bipartisan Climate Solutions Commission Act
- September 12, 2016
- Initiative to Restore One Million Corals Launches in Florida and the Caribbean
- August 30, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Applauds Passage of Amendment 4
- August 04, 2016
- Column: BP's payments for gulf restoration reveal the value of the Gulf of Mexico
- July 13, 2016
- New Oyster Reef Comes to Life in Punta Gorda
- June 16, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Launches Fundraising Campaign in an Effort To “Keep Bears in the Woods”
- May 25, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Congratulates Greater Miami and the Beaches on Being Named to the 100 Resilient Cities Network
- May 23, 2016
- Rep. Curbelo, Mayor Gimenez and County Commissioner Sosa Speak Out On Climate Challenges, Need for Solutions
- April 20, 2016
- Energy Bill Passed By Senate a Win for Natural Resources
- March 29, 2016
- Building Climate Resilience with Nature
- February 16, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Receives USDA Regional Conservation Partnership Funding to Protect Lands in Everglades Headwaters
- February 12, 2016
- February 21-27 is National Invasive Species Awareness Week
- February 04, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy and Big Cat Rescue Release Two Bobcats at Venus Flatwoods Preserve
- January 26, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy and Partners Conduct Controlled Burn on 12,000 Acres to Restore Longleaf Pine Forests