If you are 70½ or older, you can make a tax-free distribution from your traditional IRA to The Nature Conservancy. 'you can donate up to $100,000 each year without incurring income tax on your withdrawal - it's an efficient way to support the causes that matter to you most. Request more information today.
How It Works
- You direct distributions in the amount of your choosing from your traditional IRA to The Nature Conservancy. This can be a one-time or recurring gift.
- The distributions go directly to the Conservancy and are not subject to income tax.
How You Benefit
- You avoid the income tax penalty on your distributions.
- You have the satisfaction of seeing your gift immediately support critical conservation work.
A Gift Through Your IRA May Be for You If:
- You are over age 70½.
- You do not need the additional income from your required minimum distributions.
- You don't itemize deductions or you are subject to a rule that limits your deductions.
- You want to give more than the 50% deduction limitation.
- You live in a state with no charitable income tax deduction.
IRA Gift Example: You are 75 years old and your adjusted gross income will total $200,000 this year. Earlier in the year you contributed $100,000 to The Nature Conservancy, so you have reached the limit (50% of adjusted gross income) on charitable gifts you can deduct this year.
You want to provide additional support for a The Nature Conservancy program, so you direct a $100,000 payment from your IRA to us.
Individual, age 75
Withdrawal from IRA
Income tax on withdrawal
Charitable deduction for withdrawal
Please note that The Nature Conservancy cannot render tax or legal advice and we urge you to consult with your professional advisor about your situation before making a charitable gift.
Please note: If you’re under the age of 70½, you can use your IRA to support The Nature Conservancy’s work by making a withdrawal and donating the proceeds after taxes OR by designating the Conservancy as a beneficiary of your retirement plan. For more information, please contact one our gift planning experts at (877) 812-3698 or email@example.com.
We're here to help. To notify us of a legacy gift you have planned, or to discuss the best gift option for you, please contact us via our online form or at (877) 812-3698.
- Read about donors who have made gifts for nature.
- Have you named the Conservancy as a beneficiary in your will? Let us know.
You can protect forests and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.