Income for Today, a Legacy for Tomorrow
A charitable gift annuity with The Nature Conservancy is a gift that gives back. It can provide you and/or another beneficiary with stable income for life. You may also receive an immediate income tax deduction.
How It Works
- You irrevocably donate $10,000 or more in cash, securities or other property to TNC.
- You and/or your beneficiary receive fixed annual payments for life at a very attractive rate based on the age of the beneficiaries (as high as 8.9 percent).
- You can begin receiving payments immediately (if you are 50 or older) or defer payments for a year or more.
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction. If you donated appreciated assets, you may save on capital gains taxes as well.
- The principal passes to TNC after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries.
How You Benefit
- You receive payments for the rest of your life.
- You may save on taxes.
- You can help meet the long-term financial needs of a loved one.
- You enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that your gift will help TNC protect nature, transform how we use natural resources, and inspire action for the planet.
Sample Annuity Rates
By making a charitable gift annuity, you can provide much-needed funds for conservation, and provide yourself with a stable income. Calculate the benefits of a gift annuity with our gift calculator in the next tab. Or, for a personalized proposal, contact us today.
The figures above are sample rates for a single beneficiary and are for illustration purposes only. The deduction is variable and based on the highest available monthly IRS Discount Rate.
Explore the income and tax benefits you may receive by making a planned gift.
Planned gifts can help protect nature and provide benefits to you and/or your loved ones.
Use this calculator to see estimated tax deductions and payments that may result from some types of planned gifts offered by the Conservancy.
Meet Manfred Krause and Denise Caldwell
Manfred and Denise are helping to protect the wild places they are passionate about while receiving a steady stream of income. Watch their story.