Passive recreation such as walking, bird watching and photography is welcomed. To protect the health of our preserves for generations to come, and to ensure the safety of all visitors, the following activities are not allowed:
- Picking flowers, mushrooms, etc.; removing rocks or other parts of the landscape
- Camping, fires or cookouts
- Driving motorized vehicles, including ATVs, except on designated access roads
- Fishing, trapping or hunting, except as otherwise posted
- Bringing dogs onto the preserve
- Horseback riding
- Feeding wildlife
- Releasing animals or introducing plants
- Disposing of trash or other waste, including biodegradable materials
In addition, in order to minimize the impact visitors have on the preserve, we ask that you please:
- Use trails.
- Avoid walking in wet, boggy areas.
- Inspect pant legs and shoes to remove seeds before entering and when leaving the preserve. Failure to do so could introduce unwanted weeds to new locations.
- If you flush a ground nesting bird—stop and avoid walking near the nest area.
- Observe all posted signs.
- Please do not remove stakes, signs, flagging, tape or other objects—they might be part of a research project.
- Please do not trespass on private property adjacent to the preserve.