Indiana Chapter Staff
Working to create lasting solutions in Indiana and around the world.
The Nature Conservancy's Indiana chapter is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that, as a team, we perform best when both staff and board members bring a wide variety of skills, perspectives, backgrounds and resources to address the complex and dynamic challenges we face conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.
Larry’s work ranges from leading the implementation of our conservation vision and launching new initiatives to working closely with the Chapter’s volunteer trustees. This diversity of work is for a single purpose—to address the most pressing environmental issues facing Indiana.
“Over sixty years ago we started protecting Indiana’s most important places, and we’ve learned over the years that to truly protect those places and natural systems, we need to look beyond the boundaries of those places. Water flows, air moves and so do seeds, animals and people. Nature does not know property lines or boundaries but has tremendous value to our society. Going forward, please join me to inspire all Hoosiers to join us on this journey of recognizing the true value of nature.”
Matt Williams, Director of Conservation Programs
Matt provides direction and leadership for our conservation work in Indiana. He is most passionate about his work with Conserving Resilient Lands and Water.
“I love knowing that the special places we protect will be there forever. Maybe one day my kids or grandkids will be able to enjoy hiking, birdwatching, or just getting some fresh air at one of these places we’ve protected for future generations to enjoy.”
John Shuey, Director of Science
John guides our efforts connected with scientific research, conservation site planning, large-scale restoration planning, and climate change adaptation strategies for the Chapter’s preserves, designing sites and strategies to weather impending change.
“When I look back at what we have accomplished over the last three decades – I am amazed and proud. It’s a wonderful team effort!”
Trevor Edmonson, Kankakee Sands Site Manager
Trevor and his team manage more than 8,000 acres of high-quality sand prairie, wetlands, oak savanna and TNC's only bison herd in Indiana.
"I am thankful every day to be stewarding a large-scale ecological restoration project with a great team of people. I can’t imagine a better fit for me."
Seth Harden, Upper Wabash River Project Director
Seth works in the Upper Wabash River watershed, building key relationships, calibrating opportunities for education and building a local network to sustain regenerative and resilient agriculture systems across the landscape.
“It is an honor to work to conserve and showcase the natural resources and beauty of my home state.”
Mary Fales, Midwest Soil Health & Nutrient Strategy Director
Mary leads the implementation of TNC’s Soil Health and Nutrient Strategy with a team of individuals across five states working to achieve conservation goals set to protect freshwater.
“The most interesting, and challenging part of my job has been trying to understand human decision making and long-term behavior change. All of our work in agricultural conservation, no matter what audience we are working with (farmers, ag retailers, companies, consumers etc.), demands we understand social science and that intrigues me every day.”
John Ketzenberger, Director of Government Relations
John leads policy development and engagement to advance TNC's goals to fight climate change and biodiversity loss.
“Nature is the tonic for what ails all of us, and I am fortunate to work every day helping others realize how they can get the cure.”
Melissa Moran, Director of Community Programs
Melissa leads the Indiana Chapter's Inspiring People for Nature strategy, engaging people to act on behalf of nature.
“A world where people and nature thrive is possible, and I see every day at TNC how people make a positive difference for nature. I enjoy sharing experiences of the wonder of nature and about how nature supports life all around us, and seek to inspire others to help protect our natural world.”
Anna Lundorf, Director of Finance & Operations
Anna supports and leads the chapter’s finance, operations, and human resource efforts. Her focus includes people-based initiatives, such as diversity, equity, and inclusion.
“It’s rewarding to be in a role that works so closely with colleagues across the Conservancy, and together identify business solutions that will make a lasting impact on people and nature.”
Additional Indiana Chapter staff:
- Joel Perez-Castaneda, Southern Lake Michigan Rim Project Director
- Mike Dunn, Director of Freshwater Conservation
- Emily Biesecker, Director of Land Strategies
- Esme Barniskis, Volunteer & Events Coordinator
- Peter Bauson, Southern Indiana Land Stewardship Assistant
- Stephanie Collins, Director of Development
- Erin Crowther, Donor Relations Manager
- Amy DeHaven, Finance Specialist
- Mike Everidge, Land Steward
- Jessica Fernandez, Restoration Crew Leader
- Vince Garmon, Land Protection Specialist
- Nate Gatti, Steward for Southern Lake Michigan Rim Project
- Ryan Goetz, Land Steward
- Jessica Gomez, Land Steward at Kankakee Sands
- Swati Gunale, Associate Director of Development
- Cristi Hall, Operations Coordinator
- Carly Hlebasko, Restoration Crew Leader for Southern Lake Michigan Rim Project
- Nathan Herbert, Northeast Indiana Steward
- Kathy Kapheim, Development Ops Specialist
- Christine Krejci, Executive Assistant to the State Director and Trustee Liaison
- Ben Kusiak, Kankakee Sands Assistant Land Steward
- Kirsten Lewis, Conservation Data Manager
- Susan MiHalo, Conservation Coordinator for Southern Lake Michigan Rim Project
- Sean Mobley, Senior Policy Associate for Climate & Clean Energy
- Jesse Moore, Land Steward
- Bob Neary, Conservation Information Manager
- Chris Neggers, Director of Forest Conservation
- Alyssa Nyberg, Restoration Ecologist at Kankakee Sands
- Stuart Orr, Indiana Fire Manager/Conservation Practitioner
- Carrie Parmenter, Lower Wabash Project Director
- Katey Powell, Northwest Indiana Land Steward
- Kayleigh Rayburn, Development Assistant
- Joe Schmees, Freshwater Strategy Manager
- Olivia Schouten, Land Steward at Kankakee Sands
- Laura Sertic, Administrative Assistant
- Carolyn Small, Associate Director of Development
- Amy Spalding, Forest Management Specialist
- Maria Stahl, Donor Communications Manager
- Angela Sturdevant, Stewardship Manager
- Tom Swinford, Director of Stewardship
- Rea Thigpen, Finance Assistant
- Beth Warner, Private Awards Specialist & Conservation Coordinator
- Elizabeth Wilson, Kankakee Sands Land Steward
- Dennis Zulkowski, IT Manager