Blue Spruce Needles
The needles of the blue spruce are sharp and often have a blue tint.
Blue Spruce Trees
The blue spruce is a popular Christmas tree.
The seeds of the blue spruce are contained in long cones that measure about 3" to 4".
Webb Wilder has long been a fixture on the Nashville rock scene. With his deep baritone voice, rocking guitar sound and humorous onstage patter, Webb has developed a national roots rock following. His nine albums include It Came From Nashville, Doo Dad and Born to Be Wilder. His style is summed up in the Webb Wilder Credo: “Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big. Wear glasses if you need ’em.” See other music artists talking about trees...
Blue Spruce Facts
- Scientific name: Picea pungens
- Range: originally the mountains of the West, from Montana to Arizona; now found across much of the U.S.
- Height: up to 75 feet tall
- Fruit: 3"-4" cones that contain seeds
- Evergreen: its needles remain green year round
You Can Take Care of Trees Like the Blue Spruce
- Plant in late fall or winter when the tree is dormant, unless the ground is frozen. Here are tree planting instructions.
- Allow plenty of room for the tree to mature and grow.
- Water regularly in its first three years.
- Spread mulch around the base of the tree. Here are tree care instructions.
Mighty Cool Tree Fact
Did you know... a mature tree can remove up to 240 pounds of pollution from the air in a year?