Virginia Pine Needles
Its needles are gray-green and are 1"-3" long.
The Virginia pine is a hardy evergreen that makes a lovely Christmas tree.
Humming House is an eclectic and acoustic Americana band based in Nashville. They blend elements of folk, Celtic, rock and pop in their original songs. Their lineup consists of Justin Wade Tam (guitar), Leslie Rodriguez (snare), Bobby Chase (fiddle), Josh Wolak (mandolin) and Ben Jones (bass). All of them supply vocals and harmonies, though Justin and Leslie are the lead voices. Their latest album is Revelries (2015).
Virginia Pine Facts
- Scientific name: Pinus virginiana
- Range: mainly Appalachian Mountain states and Cumberland Plateau, from New York to Mississippi
- Height: up to 70 ft. tall
- Fruit: 1"-3" reddish brown cones
- Evergreen: its needles remain green year round
You Can Take Care of Trees Like the Virginia Pine
- Plant in late fall or winter when the tree is dormant, unless the ground is frozen. Here are tree planting instructions.
- Allow plenty of room for the tree to mature and grow.
- Water it regularly in its first three years.
- Spread mulch around the base of the tree. Here are tree care instructions.
Mighty Cool Tree Fact
Did you know... that trees reduce noise pollution by absorbing sounds? Trees absorb the high frequency noises that are most disturbing to people.