A Gift to Nature
A gift of cash is the quickest and simplest way to support conservation.
How It Works
- You send a check, wire funds, or contribute online to The Nature Conservancy.
- We use your donation for the purposes you specify.
- Use the simplest asset to make your donation—no appraisal or acceptance requirements as with gifts of appreciated property.
- Deliver a gift that TNC can use immediately.
- Receive a full charitable deduction, and apply it against a larger percentage of your taxable income than a deduction for a property gift.
You can claim the entire amount of your cash gift as a charitable income tax deduction. The IRS allows you to claim this deduction up to 60% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). If you used appreciated securities or other assets to make your gift, your deduction would be the same, but you would only be able to claim the deduction up to 30% of AGI. (You can claim excess deductions over the five tax years following your gift.)
If you want to help TNC today and maximize your charitable deduction, consider making your gift with cash. It is the simplest asset to donate, and the easiest for TNC to accept and quickly put to good use. Make your cash gift via a check or money order, a credit card or a wire transfer.
Although a cash gift can provide immediate benefit to us, you can also use it to fund a gift that pays you income, such as a charitable gift annuity.