Tim O’Brien has captivated fans in bluegrass, country, Celtic and acoustic music with his songwriting, singing and prowess on fiddle, mandolin and guitar. His songs have been recorded by the Dixie Chicks, Garth Brooks, Kathy Mattea and Nickel Creek, while his musical collaborators have ranged from rocker Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits to Irish music icons the Chieftans. He has twice been honored as Male Vocalist of the Year by the International Bluegrass Music Association, and he won a Grammy for his album Fiddler’s Green. His work in the band the Earls of Leicester won a 2015 Grammy award for Best Bluegrass Album for their debut album. In 2017, he released his sixteenth solo album, Where the River Meets the Road.
Chinkapin Oak Facts
- Scientific name: Quercus muehlenbergii
- Other names: chestnut oak, yellow oak, chinquapin oak
- Range: across the East and Midwest, except for the Atlantic and Gulf coasts
- Height: up to 80 feet tall
- Fruit: oval acorns, 1.25" long, turning black when mature
- Fall colors: leaves turn shades of yellow, yellow-orange and brown
You Can Take Care of Trees Like the Chinkapin Oak
- Plant in late fall or winter when the tree is dormant, unless the ground is frozen.
- Allow plenty of room for the tree to mature and grow.
- Water it regularly in its first three years.
- Spread mulch around the base of the tree.
Mighty Cool Tree Fact
Did you know... three strategically placed trees can reduce home cooling and heating costs by 50%?