Suzy Bogguss is a country music and folk singer based in Nashville. Her country hits include “Drive South,” “Letting Go,” “Aces” and “Hey Cinderella.” In recent years, she has been a frequent guest on radio's Prairie Home Companion and has toured with the show as well. Her most recent album is Lucky, a collection of Merle Haggard songs.
Flowering Dogwood Facts
- Scientific name: Cornus florida
- Range: all across the East and into Texas
- Height: up to 50 feet tall
- Fruit: small scarlet berry clusters (poisonous to people)
- Flowers: white (or pink) four-petaled flowers appear in dense clusters in mid-spring
- Fall colors: leaves turn dark red and purple
You Can Take Care of Trees Like the Flowering Dogwood
- Plant in late fall or winter when the tree is dormant, unless the ground is frozen.
- Allow plenty of room for the tree to mature and grow.
- Water regularly in its first three years.
- Spread mulch around the base of the tree.
Mighty Cool Tree Fact
Did you know... that in surveys more than 90% of Americans report that trees give them a feeling of peace and tranquility?
Support Tennessee Nature
Help us work with landowners and ensure a future in which people and nature can thrive.