If Trees Could Sing: Humming House & the Virginia Pine
The band Humming House talks about the virginia pine and the benefits that trees provide us.
Humming House is an eclectic and acoustic Americana band based in Nashville. They blend elements of folk, Celtic, rock and pop in their original songs. Their lineup consists of Justin Wade Tam (guitar), Leslie Rodriguez (snare), Bobby Chase (fiddle), Josh Wolak (mandolin) and Ben Jones (bass). All of them supply vocals and harmonies, though Justin and Leslie are the lead voices.
Virginia Pine Facts
- Scientific name: Pinus virginiana
- Range: mainly Appalachian Mountain states and Cumberland Plateau, from New York to Mississippi
- Height: up to 70 ft. tall
- Fruit: 1"-3" reddish brown cones
- Evergreen: its needles remain green year round
You Can Take Care of Trees Like the Virginia Pine
- Plant in late fall or winter when the tree is dormant, unless the ground is frozen.
- Allow plenty of room for the tree to mature and grow.
- Water it regularly in its first three years.
- Spread mulch around the base of the tree.
Mighty Cool Tree Fact
Did you know... that trees reduce noise pollution by absorbing sounds? Trees absorb the high frequency noises that are most disturbing to people.