Our work in Maryland and Washington, D.C., is focused on two areas where our outcomes can have the greatest impact: Clean Water and Climate Resilience.
Our efforts under these two pillars include both advocating for policies in the legislature and on-the-ground conservation work that spans the region - from western Maryland's Central Appalachian forests to our nation's capital and beyond to the Chesapeake Bay.
- SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE. Engaging with Maryland’s largest industry, agriculture, to keep nutrients on farms and out of our streams and rivers.
- URBAN SOLUTIONS. Focusing on green solutions and the power of nature to help make cities resilient and livable places where both people and nature thrive.
- HEALTHY FORESTS. Protecting and restoring healthy, connected forests that can enable habitats, wildlife and communities to thrive and persist in the face of a changing climate.
- RESILIENT COASTS. Helping our coastal communities plan for and adapt to a continually changing climate and rising seas.
- POLICY SOLUTIONS. Working with elected officials to advance policies that address the environmental challenges we face is an essential conservation strategy.
Explore how we're advancing the protection and restoration of Maryland and Washington, D.C., now and for future generations.
Strategies and Solutions
Engaging with Maryland’s largest industry to keep nutrients on farms and out of our waters. Explore
Helping to make cities more resilient, livable places where both nature and people thrive. Explore
Enabling habitats, wildlife and people to thrive and persist in the face of a changing climate. Explore
Protecting and restoring coastal areas to help communities plan for and adapt to rising seas. Explore
Where We Work
Safeguarding forest health and resilience in western Maryland. Explore
Investing in nature to secure clean water for the Chesapeake Bay. Explore
Supporting coastal resiliency in the Nanticoke watershed. Explore
Reconnecting the Pocomoke River to its floodplain wetlands. Explore