A charitable gift annuity with The Nature Conservancy is a gift that gives back. It can provide you and/or another beneficiary with stable income for life. You may also receive an immediate income tax deduction.
How it works
- You donate $10,000 or more in cash, securities or other property to The Nature Conservancy.
- You and/or your beneficiary receive fixed annual payments for life at a very attractive rate based on the age of the beneficiaries (as high as 8.9 percent).
- You can begin receiving payments immediately (if you are 50 or older) or defer payments for a year or more.
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction. If you donated appreciated assets, you may save on capital gains taxes as well.
- The principal passes to The Nature Conservancy after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries.
How You Benefit
- You receive payments for the rest of your life.
- You may save on taxes.
- You can help meet the long-term financial needs of a loved one.
- You receive financial security and peace of mind.
- You enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that your gift will help The Nature Conservancy protect nature, transform how we use natural resources and inspire action for the planet.
Meet Manfred Krause and Denise Caldwell
Manfred and Denise are helping to protect the wild places they are passionate about while receiving a steady stream of income. They view their charitable gift annuities as building blocks for future action to preserve the splendor and diversity of the natural world. Watch their story.
You can protect lakes and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.