Join The Nature Conservancy and Snowbird for a special presentation:
Restoring the Great Salt Lake
Great Salt Lake Commissioner Brian Steed will be speaking about restoring the lake.
The Great Salt Lake plays a critical role in keeping Utah’s snowpack light, fluffy and plentiful. It’s a harbor for migrating and nesting birds, and it’s vital for trapping dangerous particles—helping to keep them out of our air.
Come enjoy a day at Snowbird and learn more about the Great Salt Lake, including work being done to protect it.
11 am - Noon | The Nature Conservancy presents Great Salt Lake Commissioner Brian Steed discussing “Restoring the Great Salt Lake”
Noon - 1 pm | Snowbird presents a screening of The Last Resort, a new documentary by filmmaker Michael Fleischner
1 - 1:30 pm | Panel discussion following the film featuring Michael Fleischner, Max Malmquist, Kevin Perry, Lynn De Freitas, and Snowbird President and General Manager, Dave Fields
- Lift tickets not included
- Pastries & coffee will be provided
- Parking in Entry 4 is recommended for access to The Cliff Lodge
- There are a variety of free and paid parking options, including valet at The Cliff Lodge
- If a canyon closure impacts the event, Ski for Nature will not be rescheduled