Honor a lost loved one, recognize someone special or commemorate a milestone by making a special gift in their name that will help protect our natural world.
Your honoree will be notified of your gift but will not receive ongoing communication from The Nature Conservancy. To honor someone with full membership benefits, please give a Gift Membership instead.
Honor the memory of someone special with a donation in remembrance. We’ll notify their loved ones of your gift, which allows their legacy to live on by making a lasting impact on nature. Consider this meaningful way to pay your final respects.
Celebrate a Special Occasion With a Gift in Their Honor
Honor a birthday, wedding or other special moment with a donation to help protect our planet. You can instantly send an e-card to announce your gift, and your honoree won’t receive other ongoing communication from us.
How will my Memorial or Special Occasion gift be used?
Your support will help advance on-the-ground conservation solutions and effective advocacy to tackle our planet’s most urgent environmental challenges. That means directly protecting endangered lands and wildlife habitat. Making rivers and oceans cleaner and healthier. Combatting climate change with natural solutions like reforestation to capture carbon. All backed by decades of our science and expertise as a leading conservation organization. You can feel confident that every dollar you give will make a direct difference on building a more sustainable future for us all—with action in more than 70 countries and all 50 U.S. states.
How will the person I’m honoring or their loved one be notified?
There are several ways we will communicate with you and the person you honor about your Memorial or Special Occasion gift:
· When you make your donation, you will be asked to provide a mailing address and optional email address for the person you are honoring or their loved one you wish to notify.
· If you choose to send an e-card on the donation form, you can also choose the specific date on which it will be sent.
· The person you designate will also be notified of your thoughtful gift by mail within two to three weeks, whether or not you choose to send an e-card.
· You will also receive an email and letter confirming and acknowledgement your donation for your own records.
- How are Memorial and Special Occasion gifts different than a Gift Membership?
Have other questions?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.