Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Nature Conservancy is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in its workforce and the communities we serve.
Since global threats to the environment do not discriminate among backgrounds, beliefs and cultures, conservation also requires a rich blend of perspectives, ideas and viewpoints that only a truly diverse workforce can provide. Under the leadership of our Chief Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, James Page Jr., TNC is working on the following DEI initiatives:
- Designs and helps to implement our global strategy.
- Advises on incorporating diversity and inclusion into internal functions
- Engages with new constituencies and partners, including indigenous cultures.
- Consults on building conservation capacity that is sensitive to culture, gender and other differences.
In support of the Conservancy’s values and mission, including our commitment to diversity, the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (GDEI) team is dedicated to an inclusive workplace with dignity and respect for all. We strive to ensure that our staff, volunteers and external partners better represent, understand, and uplift the communities we serve and intend to serve. The GDEI team aims to develop our staff's cultural competencies and build on our DEI foundation across the globe.
Employee Resource Groups
We recognize that conservation is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of widely diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. We will recruit and develop staff to create a diverse, inclusive and equitable organization that reflects our global character and:
- Leverage our differences to be more effective in achieving our mission
- Respect and learn from our variety of experiences and ways of thinking
- Create a day to day workplace climate that welcomes and encourages each of us, valuing the contributions of all
- Strengthen the diversity of our workforce, trustees and board.