With support from people like you, we're working to:
- Protect and restore natural filters such as forests and wetlands that secure clean water
- Help people and nature adapt to a changing climate and rising seas
- Pursue new initiatives to reduce urban stormwater pollution
Latest News & Features
The votes have been talled! Find out who won the Eco-Comedy Viewer's Choice Award.
We talk with EFF Executive Director Stephanie Flack about this year's festival, what to watch, and how climate change may impact the capital region.
Explore our volunteer opportunities to connect with nature. Make every day Earth Day!
10 simply super salamanders.
Join us in the field as we search for elusive salamanders.
Dolphins and sea bass and flounders, oh my! Spend a day with us off the coast of Ocean City.
The next generation of conservationists take part in an effort to plant 1,000 Atlantic white cedars at Nassawango Creek Preserve.
Travel with us to the Potomac Gorge, one of the East Coast's richest natural areas right here in our own backyard.
The Conservancy works to restore the natural role of fire in our landscapes. See a Maryland prescribed fire in action.
- March 05, 2015
- Chesapeake Bay: Protection or Restoration? How About Both!
Chesapeake Bay News
- March 05, 2015
- New Study Looks at Future of Appalachian Energy Development
- January 16, 2015
- USDA Awards Funds for Farmers to Implement Conservation Practices That Will Improve Delmarva Water Quality and Habitat
- November 13, 2014
- Conowingo Dam Report Released
Press Release (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)
- August 12, 2014
- The Surfrider Foundation Releases Recreational Use Data for the Mid-Atlantic Coast
Power Engineering International
- August 11, 2014
- Scientists Exploring Offshore Canyons for Atlantic Deep-sea Corals
The Baltimore Sun
- More News & Articles