YOU are conservation next!
Explore the stories below and see the many accomplishments made possible by your generous support. With your support, there is much work to be done in 2015.
Latest News & Features
As The Nature Conservancy in Connecticut’s new urban resilience planner, Drew Goldsman is thinking all about how to help make our cities more resilient, environmentally healthy and livable.
The Conservancy's David Sutherland and Sarah Pellegrino share with you a conservation success decades in the making.
Across the nation, communities face difficult decisions preparing for and recovering from natural disasters. How do we balance safety and cost efficiency with respect for people, property and nature?
With the goal of restoring the natural benefits of Falls River in Essex, The Nature Conservancy and DEEP have started work on a fish-passable channel on the Tiley-Pratt Dam.
We had a blast showing off funny farm animals, cool tractors and more at the 22nd Annual Open Farm Day at Sunny Valley Preserve!
The Conservancy and volunteers are restoring the graceful American elm to its place in these rare riverside forests.
A Fishway on Falls River—part of the Connecticut River system--will benefit such migratory fish as alewife and blueback herring.
Life and conservation blend naturally at Sunny Valley Preserve.
A community comes together to clean up Pleasure Beach, a barrier island that protects Bridgeport, Connecticut, and other coastal communities.
- September 04, 2015
- Dam Removal Project on Pawcatuck River in Westerly and Stonington Will Benefit Fish and Reduce Flooding
- September 02, 2015
- Dam Removal and River Restoration on East Branch of the Eightmile River to Benefit Migratory Fish and Other Species
- June 24, 2015
- The Nature Conservancy and East Haddam Conserve 133 Acres of Priority Lower Connecticut River Lands
- May 13, 2015
- Advocates and Legislators Stand Together to Protect the Community Investment Act
- April 30, 2015
- With Protection of The Preserve, Partners Secure Historic Conservation Gain
- April 22, 2015
- Nature Conservancy Praises House Passage of Blue Plan For Long Island Sound
- February 09, 2015
- Gov. Dannel P. Malloy to Sponsor Blue Plan For Long Island Sound
- January 15, 2015
- The Nature Conservancy Applauds U.S. Department of Agriculture Program to Help Long Island Sound Watershed
- November 24, 2014
- Nature Conservancy Scientist to Discuss Long Island Sound's Nutrient Pollution
- September 09, 2014
- Join The Nature Conservancy Sept. 27 for the 22nd Annual Open Farm Day at Sunny Valley Preserve, New Milford
- August 27, 2014
- 50 acres added to Whalebone Cove Division of Conte Refuge
- July 28, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Begins Fish Passage Project on Falls River in Essex
- July 07, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Helps Grow Future Conservationists through their Summer Internships in Connecticut and Across the United States