Your support helps protect and restore Connecticut's lands and waters. Donate Today
This summer, get outside and reconnect with the natural places you love.
Latest News & Features
Learn about those traditions and have fun Sept. 27, during Sunny Valley’s 22nd annual Open Farm Day celebration.
Your support is making a difference in Connecticut’s largest city!
New research points to nitrogen pollution as a threat to seagrass in southern New England and Long Island Sound.
Join us for the 2014 Open Farm Day, Sept. 27!
The Conservancy and volunteers are restoring the graceful American elm to its place in these rare riverside forests.
See a slideshow of this extraordinary Connecticut River artist and his art.
A community comes together to clean up Pleasure Beach, a barrier island that protects Bridgeport, Connecticut, and other coastal communities.
The Nature Conservancy's Kenya Program Director, Munira Anyonge, visited Connecticut to share ideas about conserving clean water for millions of people. People in both countries stand to gain by sharing solutions.
See how local decision-makers and scientists are using this online tool to plan for sea-level rise and storm surge.
- September 09, 2014
- Join The Nature Conservancy Sept. 27 for the 22nd Annual Open Farm Day at Sunny Valley Preserve, New Milford
- August 27, 2014
- 50 acres added to Whalebone Cove Division of Conte Refuge
- July 28, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Begins Fish Passage Project on Falls River in Essex
- July 07, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Helps Grow Future Conservationists through their Summer Internships in Connecticut and Across the United States
- June 26, 2014
- SCRCOG to Receive $700,000 Coastal Resilience Grant to Help Protect Coastal Communities from Large-Scale Storm Events
- June 09, 2014
- Nitrogen Pollution a Threat to Seagrass
- May 19, 2014
- Local Volunteers Join Forces with City of Bridgeport to Clean Up Pleasure Beach
- March 17, 2014
- Chamberlin Mill, Inc. Takes Ownership of Historic Mill Property
- March 06, 2014
- Sunny Valley Preserve is 'a huge asset'
- January 16, 2014
- A Hike Among Fallen Giants In Cathedral Pines
- January 09, 2014
- Guilford, CT has unique plans for dealing with future sea level rise and flooding
Hear WSHU's story
- January 10, 2014
- Q&A with Nature Conservancy's Adam Whelchel on extreme storms & rebuilding.
- December 13, 2013
- Get a Healthy Christmas Tree and Help Keep Your Neighborhood Trees Healthy