YOU are conservation next!
Explore the stories below and see the many accomplishments made possible by your generous support. With your support, there is much work to be done in 2015.
Latest News & Features
For Connecticut State Director, our work is “conservation next.” But there are new challenges that require more from us.
The Long Island Sound Ecological Assessment is an ambitious ocean-mapping report. See how we're pioneering new methods in ocean protection.
Thank you for making the journey forward with us. Here's a glimpse of what YOU helped accomplish in 2014.
With the goal of restoring the natural benefits of Falls River in Essex, The Nature Conservancy and DEEP have started work on a fish-passable channel on the Tiley-Pratt Dam.
We had a blast showing off funny farm animals, cool tractors and more at the 22nd Annual Open Farm Day at Sunny Valley Preserve!
The Conservancy and volunteers are restoring the graceful American elm to its place in these rare riverside forests.
Life and conservation blend naturally at Sunny Valley Preserve.
A community comes together to clean up Pleasure Beach, a barrier island that protects Bridgeport, Connecticut, and other coastal communities.
The Nature Conservancy's Kenya Program Director, Munira Anyonge, visited Connecticut to share ideas about conserving clean water for millions of people. People in both countries stand to gain by sharing solutions.
- January 15, 2015
- The Nature Conservancy Applauds U.S. Department of Agriculture Program to Help Long Island Sound Watershed
- November 24, 2014
- Nature Conservancy Scientist to Discuss Long Island Sound's Nutrient Pollution
- November 06, 2014
- Devil’s Den Preserve to Close Weekdays for Limited Deer Hunt
- September 29, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Begins Fish Passage Project on Aspetuck River in Westport
- September 24, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy in Connecticut Announces New Chair and Additions to Board of Trustees
- September 09, 2014
- Join The Nature Conservancy Sept. 27 for the 22nd Annual Open Farm Day at Sunny Valley Preserve, New Milford
- August 27, 2014
- 50 acres added to Whalebone Cove Division of Conte Refuge
- July 28, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Begins Fish Passage Project on Falls River in Essex
- July 07, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Helps Grow Future Conservationists through their Summer Internships in Connecticut and Across the United States
- June 26, 2014
- SCRCOG to Receive $700,000 Coastal Resilience Grant to Help Protect Coastal Communities from Large-Scale Storm Events
- June 09, 2014
- Nitrogen Pollution a Threat to Seagrass
- May 19, 2014
- Local Volunteers Join Forces with City of Bridgeport to Clean Up Pleasure Beach
- March 17, 2014
- Chamberlin Mill, Inc. Takes Ownership of Historic Mill Property
- March 06, 2014
- Sunny Valley Preserve is 'a huge asset'