Your support helps protect and restore Connecticut's lands and waters. Donate Today
'Tis the season for thanks and giving, and we’re thankful for YOU.
Your support made 2013 a year of remarkable conservation success in Connecticut, from planting new disease-tolerant elms along the Connecticut River to helping coastal towns design natural storm defenses.
Gifts like yours make a real, tangible difference across the state. Without you, none of the stories you see on this page would have been possible.
Thank you for your support, and we hope you’ll consider introducing a friend or family member to nature this year by giving a gift membership.
Latest News & Features
On May 24, join us for events all over Connecticut and learn about the challenges of migrating fish and the opportunities of restoring rivers. See events in your area.
Your support allows us to work across state lines to restore the natural magnificence of New England's longest river.
With spring in the air, it's a great time to visit Sunny Valley Preserve in New Milford and Bridgewater. See 1,850 acres of farmland, forests, wetlands, along with sustainable agriculture.
See a slideshow of this extraordinary Connecticut River artist and his art.
The Conservancy and volunteers are restoring the graceful American elm to its place in these rare riverside forests.
See how local decision-makers and scientists are using this online tool to plan for sea-level rise and storm surge.
Women everywhere are stepping up to encourage smarter choices about water. Get inspired by visionary women like The Nature Conservancy's Kim Lutz, who is restoring connections in the Connecticut River watershed.
- March 17, 2014
- Chamberlin Mill, Inc. Takes Ownership of Historic Mill Property
- March 06, 2014
- Sunny Valley Preserve is 'a huge asset'
- January 16, 2014
- A Hike Among Fallen Giants In Cathedral Pines
- January 09, 2014
- Guilford, CT has unique plans for dealing with future sea level rise and flooding
Hear WSHU's story
- January 10, 2014
- Q&A with Nature Conservancy's Adam Whelchel on extreme storms & rebuilding.
- December 13, 2013
- Get a Healthy Christmas Tree and Help Keep Your Neighborhood Trees Healthy
- December 04, 2013
- Friends of the Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge Honored
- October 31, 2013
- Devil’s Den Preserve to Close Weekdays for Limited Deer Hunt
- October 24, 2013
- Grant Award to The Nature Conservancy to Help Fund Connecticut and Long Island Fish Passage Projects
- October 18, 2013
- Nature’s Plate Winner Announced in Connecticut
- October 16, 2013
- The Garden Club of Hartford Invites the Public to Learn More about New England’s Iconic Connecticut River
- October 01, 2013
- Five Connecticut Finalists Announced for Nature’s Plate Award
- September 19, 2013
- Join the Source to Sea Cleanup and Help Protect the Connecticut River System, One of Our Great Natural Treasures