Your support helps protect and restore Connecticut's lands and waters. Donate Today
This summer, get outside and reconnect with the natural places you love.
Latest News & Features
Good at identifying non-native invasive plants? We could sure use your help as we try to maintain a stream corridor's native plant diversity and good health.
Your support is improving two landmark preserves in Connecticut: See how Mark Mainieri and volunteers are sprucing up Katharine Ordway and Devil's Den preserves in Weston.
New research points to nitrogen pollution as a threat to seagrass in southern New England and Long Island Sound.
Join us for the 2014 Open Farm Day, Sept. 27!
The Conservancy and volunteers are restoring the graceful American elm to its place in these rare riverside forests.
See a slideshow of this extraordinary Connecticut River artist and his art.
See how local decision-makers and scientists are using this online tool to plan for sea-level rise and storm surge.
Women everywhere are stepping up to encourage smarter choices about water. Get inspired by visionary women like The Nature Conservancy's Kim Lutz, who is restoring connections in the Connecticut River watershed.
- July 28, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Begins Fish Passage Project on Falls River in Essex
- July 07, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Helps Grow Future Conservationists through their Summer Internships in Connecticut and Across the United States
- June 26, 2014
- SCRCOG to Receive $700,000 Coastal Resilience Grant to Help Protect Coastal Communities from Large-Scale Storm Events
- June 09, 2014
- Nitrogen Pollution a Threat to Seagrass
- May 19, 2014
- Local Volunteers Join Forces with City of Bridgeport to Clean Up Pleasure Beach
- March 17, 2014
- Chamberlin Mill, Inc. Takes Ownership of Historic Mill Property
- March 06, 2014
- Sunny Valley Preserve is 'a huge asset'
- January 16, 2014
- A Hike Among Fallen Giants In Cathedral Pines
- January 09, 2014
- Guilford, CT has unique plans for dealing with future sea level rise and flooding
Hear WSHU's story
- January 10, 2014
- Q&A with Nature Conservancy's Adam Whelchel on extreme storms & rebuilding.
- December 13, 2013
- Get a Healthy Christmas Tree and Help Keep Your Neighborhood Trees Healthy
- December 04, 2013
- Friends of the Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge Honored
- October 31, 2013
- Devil’s Den Preserve to Close Weekdays for Limited Deer Hunt