Visit the places YOU helped protect!
Explore the stories below and see the many accomplishments made possible by your generous support. With your support, there is much work to be done in 2015.
Latest News & Features
As The Nature Conservancy in Connecticut’s new urban resilience planner, Drew Goldsman is thinking all about how to help make our cities more resilient, environmentally healthy and livable.
The Conservancy's David Sutherland and Sarah Pellegrino share with you a conservation success decades in the making.
Across the nation, communities face difficult decisions preparing for and recovering from natural disasters. How do we balance safety and cost efficiency with respect for people, property and nature?
With the goal of restoring the natural benefits of Falls River in Essex, The Nature Conservancy and DEEP have started work on a fish-passable channel on the Tiley-Pratt Dam.
We had a blast showing off funny farm animals, cool tractors and more at the 22nd Annual Open Farm Day at Sunny Valley Preserve!
Join us for the 2015 Open Farm Day September 19th!
The Conservancy and volunteers are restoring the graceful American elm to its place in these rare riverside forests.
A Fishway on Falls River—part of the Connecticut River system--will benefit such migratory fish as alewife and blueback herring.
Life and conservation blend naturally at Sunny Valley Preserve.
A community comes together to clean up Pleasure Beach, a barrier island that protects Bridgeport, Connecticut, and other coastal communities.
- September 06, 2015
- It’s ‘busy season’ for dam removals in southeastern Connecticut
- September 07, 2015
- Nitrogen’s threat to the Sound
- September 05, 2015
- SOS: Sound in distress
- August 25, 2015
- Public input begins on New England’s Conte Refuge conservation
- July 31, 2015
- As planned sale of Plum Island generates interest, livestock disease research continues
- July 29, 2015
- How Weather Patterns Are Shaping The Future Of CT's Coastal Rail Line
- July 16, 2015
- Climate Change Poses Risks For Amtrak's Already Vulnerable Eastern Connecticut Rail Line
- July 15, 2015
- Climate Change Threatens Connecticut's Vital Shoreline Rail
- July 01, 2015
- Murphy Pushes Bill To Fund Long Island Sound Preservation