Freeze the taxable value of your appreciating assets: use them to make gifts today, then pass them on to family later.
How it works:
- You contribute securities or other appreciating assets to a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes annual payments to The Nature Conservancy for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- Reduce you gift/estate tax from the present value of the income payments to The Nature Conservancy.
- Avoid taxes to your heirs from all appreciation that takes place on the trust.
- Set the amount and term of the payments to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- Have the satisfaction of making a significant gift to The Nature Conservancy now that reduces the taxes due on transfers to your heirs later.
- View the many gift options that can help you meet your philanthropic and financial goals.
- Explore all of our gift planning tools.
- Are you planning for your retirement? Find helpful tips.
You can protect grasslands and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.