Freeze the taxable value of your appreciating assets: use them to make gifts today, then pass them on to family later.
How it works:
- You contribute securities or other appreciating assets to a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes annual payments to The Nature Conservancy for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- The present value of the income payments to The Nature Conservancy reduces your gift/estate tax.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust goes tax-free to your heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments to The Nature Conservancy can be set so as to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift to The Nature Conservancy now that reduces the taxes due on transfers to your heirs later.
Information that may interest you ...
View the many gift options that can help you meet your philanthropic and financial goals.
Explore all of our gift planning tools.
Are you planning for your retirement? Find helpful tips.
You can protect grasslands and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.