How it works
- You transfer your residence, farm, or vacation home to The Nature Conservancy subject to a life estate.
- You continue to live in the property for life or a specified term of years, while continuing to be responsible for all taxes and upkeep.
- The property passes to The Nature Conservancy when your life estate ends.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of the appraised value of your property.
- You can terminate your life estate at any time and take an additional income tax deduction.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits The Nature Conservancy later.
Information that may interest you ...
Find out more about Retained List Estates here.
Learn how gifts of assets can benefit you and nature.
Are you thinking of selling real estate? Donate it to Nature.
You can protect freshwater habitats and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.