Give an interest in a closely held or family business and turn your business interests into a gift for nature.
How It Works:
- You give shares in a closely held corporation or an investment partnership to The Nature Conservancy.
- The Nature Conservancy receives income distributions, and may sell the shares to a third party.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of the business interests, net of any other liabilities that may pertain to it.
- You may be able to use a business interest to create a life-income arrangement, such as a flip unitrust.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits both you and The Nature Conservancy during your lifetime.
Information that may interest you ...
Find out about partnership interests gifts.
Compare all your giving options.
You can protect forests and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.