When you give appreciated securities, you may receive an immediate tax deduction and savings on capital gains taxes. Your gift of stock or mutual funds can also be used to fund a charitable gift annuity. You can make a gift of appreciated securities to The Nature Conservancy while diversifying your portfolio and/or securing a stream of income.
For direct information about gifts of stock, please call (877) 812-3698 or email us today.
How it works
- You transfer securities to The Nature Conservancy.
- The Nature Conservancy sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits The Nature Conservancy later.
Information that may interest you ...
See the gift that's right for you based on your goals.
Take a look at all of your gift possibilities.
You can protect forests and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.