Latest News & Features
Major flooding kicked off the new year in northwestern Nevada. But our years-long work to heal the Truckee and Carson rivers worked just as planned during the emergency.
The Mojave Desert is a national treasure—and one of our world's most promising areas for developing solar energy. We're working to ensure both remain true.
From astounded by the Sierra Nevada as a young migrant farmer to managing those same forested mountains, today he's our new director.
If you’re a turtle, the latest smartphone or computer is likely the last thing on your mind. But if you’re a scientist ...
We're thinning trees in the Sierra Nevada to prevent catastrophic fires and protect water for nature—and for 600,000 people living in northern Nevada.
Enjoy spectacular photos featuring Nevada's lands and waters—and the animals, plants and people that need them.
Watch local news stories about how our decade-plus strategies to heal the Truckee River worked just as planned during recent flooding.
You'll be amazed by the serenity and rugged beauty of this High Sierra gem.
Watch a cool video and see how we’re combining art, science and community for wildlife and people in Nevada.
- February 01, 2017
- Carson Valley Restoration Project Deemed a Success
- January 14, 2017
- Juan Palma and John Zablocki Talk Outdoor Activities with Steven Maggi on Vegas Never Sleeps
- January 12, 2017
- Creating Nature from Our Flood Waters (video)
- January 02, 2017
- Fly the Coop: Look for Eagles (and Other Raptors) in Genoa
- November 15, 2016
- Excavation Work Helps Revitalize Part of the Truckee River (video)
- November 02, 2016
- Several Honored for Land Swap that Protected Gateway to Red Rock Canyon
- August 30, 2016
- Historic, Landscape-Level Sagebrush Ecosystem Conservation Program Announced for Nevada