Welcome to Michigan
To learn about the innovative strategies our conservation staff are developing and the priority places where they are being put into action, visit How We Work. Below are stories about individual conservation projects designed to protect and transform, and the people who inspire our work.
The Nan Weston Preserve protects floodplain forest, wetlands, and a portion of the River Raisin, which flows to Lake Erie. Read what The Nature Conservancy is doing to protect this important place.
We recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Northern Great Lakes Forest Project (a.k.a. The Big U.P. Deal). Take a moment to read how this groundbreaking project transformed land protection in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Passionate about conservation? Join our monthly #TalkNature Twitter Chats to talk about the issues that matter and learn from conservation experts.
Fall for the colorful foliage found at our popular preserve in southeast Michigan!
Colorful plants, insects, birds and other wildlife thrive at this unique wetland habitat in southwest Michigan.
Check out what the Conservancy is doing in Grand Traverse Bay to control aquatic invasive species and restore spawning habitat for native fish of the Great Lakes.
- September 22, 2015
- Video shows pristine Grand River headwaters preserve
- August 12, 2015
- Gov. Rick Snyder Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary Of Big UP Land Deal
- May 22, 2015
- When Power Island Was Henry Ford's Playground
- May 09, 2015
- Ohio asks neighboring states to help fight Lake Erie's algae
- April 28, 2015
- Bigger bang for your buck: Restoring fish habitat by removing barriers
- April 03, 2015
- Upper Peninsula wood used in Final Four court built by Michigan company
- March 26, 2015
- Saginaw Bay Watershed receives $2.5 million for conservation project
- March 16, 2015
- Saginaw seeks money to put 'Riverfront Park' where GM plant once stood
- February 18, 2015
- Detroit River: The good, the bad, the ugly
- January 23, 2015
- Officials taking regional approach to birding
- January 14, 2015
- The Nature Conservancy and Michigan Agri-Business Association Move Forward with Innovative Water Quality Partnership in Michigan's Saginaw Bay Watershed
- November 03, 2014
- MACD Honors Mary Fales and The Nature Conservancy with 2014 Friend of Conservation Award
- October 28, 2014
- The Coastal Wetlands of Western Lake Erie: Have We Lost our Swiss Army Knife?
- August 13, 2014
- Mending the Meander with the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- July 23, 2014
- Girls from New York City experience the outdoors in the U.P.
- April 11, 2014
- Nature Conservancy gets $1M grant for purchase of St. Martin Island, improving wetlands
- January 06, 2014
- Restoring Lake Erie's largest wetland (Great Lakes Echo)
- January 05, 2014
- Great Lakes Only Region In U.S. To Gain Wetlands, Report Finds (Huffington Post)