Together with partners, local landowners and people like you, we have helped to protect over 75,000 acres of private and public land across Maryland and the District. We own 31 preserves in the area, including Nassawango Creek, the state of Maryland's largest private nature preserve.
Want to visit a Nature Conservancy preserve, but don’t know where to start? Use the resources on this page to help plan your exploration of the places you are helping us protect.
- Please review our visitation guidelines for Conservancy preserves.
- Explore our public preserves. Download a preserve guide.
- Download an audio tour! These recorded chronicles will take you on narrated journeys along trails in 16 different preserves.
- Go on a geocaching adventure and enjoy a treasure hunt in nature (at select preserves only).
- Looking for a getaway that’s an easy drive from DC? Download our map of preserves within a 2.5-hour drive.
While enjoying Maryland's great outdoors during hunting season, remain mindful of hunters and wear orange for your safety. For more information, visit the Department of Natural Resources web site.
Preserves You Can Visit
Battle Creek Cypress Swamp
Frank M. Ewing/Robinson Neck
Hellen Creek Hemlock Preserve
Potomac Gorge/Bear Island
Sideling Hill Creek
Third Haven Woods