This spring, celebrate Earth Month.
Connect with nature.
Explore. Discover one of our preserves in Maine
Volunteer. Join us April 22 or 23 at Saco Heath or at other events.
Give. Your support makes it possible to conserve lands and waters in Maine and beyond.
Latest News & Features
Connect With Nature: Explore. Volunteer. Give. Join us April 22 or 23 to volunteer at Saco Heath Preserve.
Maine State Director Mike Tetreault celebrates a great year for conservation in Maine, thanks to your support. See why Mike is celebrating!
Your support has made a tangible difference for nature in 2013 throughout Maine. See just a few things you've made possible.
See why we're proud to be part of the Penobscot River Restoration Trust and how you're helping to restore this magnificent river.
We asked a few folks. They were excited to share what they love about nature in Maine!
See the remarkable nature in the heart of Maine that you helped protect!
Nature is a part of who we are in Maine, and Nature is ME is a celebration of all that our lands and waters bring us: adventure, beauty, clean water, nourishing food, jobs and our way of life. Hear from real Mainers as they express gratitude nature's gifts.
Whatever you love, together, we can save it!
See how we’re using collaborative research with Maine fishermen to identify more sustainable fishing practices.
- April 10, 2014
- Job Creation and Clean Water Infrastructure Bond Considered Friday
- March 18, 2014
- Business, Conservation Leaders Urge Passage of Water Bond
- March 07, 2014
- Federal, State and Nonprofit Partnership that Includes Maine Department of Environmental Protection Awards $1.2 Million For Conservation Projects
- February 24, 2014
- Study Shows Maine's Wildlife Threatened by Climate Change
- February 20, 2014
- Better Road-Stream Crossing Designs Can Help Prevent Road Wash-outs and Help Fish
- January 20, 2014
- Enter Nature Conservancy Skistakes to Win A Day at Mt. Abram
- November 06, 2013
- CBS Evening News: Maine's Penobscot River finally runs free after huge restoration project
- October 09, 2013
- The Nature Conservancy Honors Sen. Susan Collins and Rep. Mike Michaud
- August 09, 2013
- Saco Heath Volunteer Day - Sept. 14
- July 22, 2013
- Reconnecting the Penobscot River with the Sea:
Breaching Veazie Dam on Maine’s Penobscot River
- May 30, 2013
- Muskie Report Advocates Low-Cost Strategies to Protect Maine's Water Resources
- May 17, 2013
- Road Signs to Help Maine's Endangered Turtles
- March 28, 2013
- Place, Hope & Conservation: A Visit with Alaskan Author Hank Lentfer