This fall, get outside and reconnect with the natural places you love.
Connect with nature. Discover some of our preserves in Maine.
Explore. Learn about some of the places and projects your support has made possible.
Give. You make it possible to conserve lands and waters in Maine and beyond.
Latest News & Features
In Houlton, one culvert is blocking fish habitat and is at risk of failure. It’s the type of problem that Question 6 can solve.
From lunar gravel pit to healthy wetlands, Harrison’s Moon Valley shows the power of robust water funding.
Maine State Director Mike Tetreault's writes a weekly blog about conserving resources that we all need for a healthy way of life here in Maine.
See why we're proud to be part of the Penobscot River Restoration Trust and how you're helping to restore this magnificent river.
We asked a few folks. They were excited to share what they love about nature in Maine!
See the remarkable nature in the heart of Maine that you helped protect!
With removal of the Veazie and Great Works dams, shad, herring and other fish are returning to the Penobscot River and its tributaries. See one success story!
Whatever you love, together, we can save it!
See how we’re using collaborative research with Maine fishermen to identify more sustainable fishing practices.
- September 15, 2014
- Yes on 6 Campaign Kicks Off: Clean Water is Something All Mainers Can Agree On
- August 03, 2014
- Setting rivers free: As dams are torn down, nature is quickly recovering. The Christian Science Monitor
- July 07, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Sends Urban Youths to the Maine Woods for Summer Jobs
- July 07, 2014
- Global Nature Conservancy Leader to Discuss South American Conservation
- June 12, 2014
- A Moveable Feast: Dogfish founder makes a Delaware-to-Maine boat trip raising thousands for The Nature Conservancy
- May 05, 2014
- World Fish Migration Day Events Coming to Maine in May
- April 18, 2014
- Job Creation and Clean Water Infrastructure Bond Passes
- April 10, 2014
- Job Creation and Clean Water Infrastructure Bond Considered Friday
- March 18, 2014
- Business, Conservation Leaders Urge Passage of Water Bond
- March 07, 2014
- Federal, State and Nonprofit Partnership that Includes Maine Department of Environmental Protection Awards $1.2 Million For Conservation Projects
- February 24, 2014
- Study Shows Maine's Wildlife Threatened by Climate Change
- February 20, 2014
- Better Road-Stream Crossing Designs Can Help Prevent Road Wash-outs and Help Fish
- January 20, 2014
- Enter Nature Conservancy Skistakes to Win A Day at Mt. Abram
- November 06, 2013
- CBS Evening News: Maine's Penobscot River finally runs free after huge restoration project