Nature is ME.
Let's remember the ways that nature enriches all of us. With your donation or gift membership we can continue protecting the lands and waters of Maine, from the northern forests to the Gulf of Maine. It's up to you, me, all of us!
Through the Nature is ME campaign, we asked the people of Maine to share their images of our amazing natural state. The overwhelming response has reminded us about how much Mainers value our beautiful lands and waters.
See how your support has helped nature for all of us. Check out our annual report of 2013 success stories below and see how nature is all of us.
Your gift today will enable us to protect and restore additional wildlife habitat, and to conserve healthy waters.
2013 Annual Report
Maine State Director Mike Tetreault celebrates a great year for conservation in Maine, thanks to your support. See why Mike is celebrating!
Your support has made a tangible difference for nature in 2013 throughout Maine. See just a few things you've made possible.
Maine loggers Will and Don Cole know that great things happen when conservation and forest professionals work together. See how your support helps Maine forests.
See why we're proud to be part of the Penobscot River Restoration Trust and how you're helping to restore this magnificent river.
We asked a few folks. They were excited to share what they love about nature in Maine!
See the remarkable nature in the heart of Maine that you helped protect!
Nature is a part of who we are in Maine, and Nature is ME is a celebration of all that our lands and waters bring us: adventure, beauty, clean water, nourishing food, jobs and our way of life. Hear from real Mainers as they express gratitude nature's gifts.
Whatever you love, together, we can save it!
See how we’re using collaborative research with Maine fishermen to identify more sustainable fishing practices.
- March 07, 2014
- Federal, State and Nonprofit Partnership that Includes Maine Department of Environmental Protection Awards $1.2 Million For Conservation Projects
- February 24, 2014
- Study Shows Maine's Wildlife Threatened by Climate Change
- February 20, 2014
- Better Road-Stream Crossing Designs Can Help Prevent Road Wash-outs and Help Fish
- January 20, 2014
- Enter Nature Conservancy Skistakes to Win A Day at Mt. Abram
- November 06, 2013
- CBS Evening News: Maine's Penobscot River finally runs free after huge restoration project
- October 09, 2013
- The Nature Conservancy Honors Sen. Susan Collins and Rep. Mike Michaud
- August 09, 2013
- Saco Heath Volunteer Day - Sept. 14
- July 22, 2013
- Reconnecting the Penobscot River with the Sea:
Breaching Veazie Dam on Maine’s Penobscot River
- May 30, 2013
- Muskie Report Advocates Low-Cost Strategies to Protect Maine's Water Resources
- May 17, 2013
- Road Signs to Help Maine's Endangered Turtles
- March 28, 2013
- Place, Hope & Conservation: A Visit with Alaskan Author Hank Lentfer
- February 11, 2013
- I Love Nature Ski-stakes 2013
- January 11, 2013
- More than $2 Million Awarded to Conserve Natural Resources in Maine