A Better Way, A Better Place
2014 has been a year of remarkable accomplishments, thanks to your fabulous support. Please explore the pages below to see what you've helped us accomplish in 2014.
And with your continued support, think about how 2015 can bring an even better way, an even better place!
2014 Annual Report
Celebrating successes in 2014, made possible by you. See Maine State Director Mike Tetreault's message of thanks for helping us create a better way, a better place.
With your support, The Nature Conservancy has made a tangible difference for nature this year — throughout Maine and around the world. THANK YOU!
You may have seen our ad: Your gift matters for Maine. Give the gift of nature today and help protect it for tomorrow.
See why we're proud to be part of the Penobscot River Restoration Trust and how you're helping to restore this magnificent river.
We asked a few folks. They were excited to share what they love about nature in Maine!
See the remarkable nature in the heart of Maine that you helped protect!
With removal of the Veazie and Great Works dams, shad, herring and other fish are returning to the Penobscot River and its tributaries. See one success story!
A cool, short time-lapse video of a controlled burn at Kennebunk Plains.
See how we’re using collaborative research with Maine fishermen to identify more sustainable fishing practices.
- November 21, 2014
- Phillips Earns $20K Grant for Stream Work
- September 15, 2014
- Yes on 6 Campaign Kicks Off: Clean Water is Something All Mainers Can Agree On
- August 03, 2014
- Setting rivers free: As dams are torn down, nature is quickly recovering. The Christian Science Monitor
- July 07, 2014
- The Nature Conservancy Sends Urban Youths to the Maine Woods for Summer Jobs
- June 12, 2014
- A Moveable Feast: Dogfish founder makes a Delaware-to-Maine boat trip raising thousands for The Nature Conservancy
- May 05, 2014
- World Fish Migration Day Events Coming to Maine in May
- April 18, 2014
- Job Creation and Clean Water Infrastructure Bond Passes
- April 10, 2014
- Job Creation and Clean Water Infrastructure Bond Considered Friday
- March 18, 2014
- Business, Conservation Leaders Urge Passage of Water Bond
- March 07, 2014
- Federal, State and Nonprofit Partnership that Includes Maine Department of Environmental Protection Awards $1.2 Million For Conservation Projects
- February 24, 2014
- Study Shows Maine's Wildlife Threatened by Climate Change
- February 20, 2014
- Better Road-Stream Crossing Designs Can Help Prevent Road Wash-outs and Help Fish
- January 20, 2014
- Enter Nature Conservancy Skistakes to Win A Day at Mt. Abram
- November 06, 2013
- CBS Evening News: Maine's Penobscot River finally runs free after huge restoration project