NOTICE TO WINTER VISITORS: During winter months, the visitor parking area at the Kankakee Sands office will remain open and plowed. This parking area gives you access to the visitor silo shelter with information about Kankakee Sands and trail info. Please note, other parking areas throughout Kankakee Sands are not regularly plowed. Driving into the parking areas and parking is at your own risk.
Prairie, oak savanna, sedge meadow -- Kankakee Sands is home to many diverse habitats and the plants and animals who thrive in them. Hiking through our different preserve units is the best way to see them all. Download maps and trail guides below to get started.
- Bi-State Preserve Map (Shows all units)
- Welcome to Kankakee Sands
- Kankakee Sands, Unit K (Wet Prairie Trail)
- Kankakee Sands, Grace Teninga Discovery Trail
- Driving Tour of Kankakee Sands in Indiana
- Conrad Station Savanna
- Carl N. Becker Trail
- Mskoda Trail
- Pembroke Savanna Trail