Since 1959, The Nature Conservancy in Indiana has protected more than 80,000 acres of forests, wetlands, prairies, lakes and streams for current and future generations to enjoy.
We are lucky enough to be housed in the Efroymson Conservation Center, our LEED Platinum-certified headquarters in downtown Indianapolis. See what we’re doing to protect land and water in the Hoosier State!
Latest News & Features
Purple reigns on the prairie this time of year, thanks to the eye-catching New England aster!
Autumn is more than just raking leaves (thankfully). Check out these tips on how to prepare your garden for winter.
Invasive plants are bullies, both in your garden and in our natural areas. Learn how to identify (and avoid) commonly-used invasive species. We even provide native and/or non-invasive plant alternatives.
What--more invasives? Obviously we talk about invasive species a lot, and with good reason--they're a dangerous bunch. A lot of them seem pretty innocent, but don't be fooled. Check out 11 of some of the most troublesome offenders in the Great Lakes region.
Watch how students from Frankton Elementary School employ strategy and a competitive spirit to raise money for The Nature Conservancy's Adopt An Acre program.
The Nature Conservancy is working with agricultural partners to find innovative solutions to protect our waterways.
- September 30, 2015
- Muscles for Mussels
- September 21, 2015
- Unlikely Partnership Draws Attention to Gulf's Dead Zone
- July 06, 2015
- Phosphorus: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- July 21, 2015
- Foundations of East Chicago deserve thanks for making garden possible
- May 12, 2015
- Jackson Morrow Park getting woodsy
- May 09, 2015
- Ohio asks neighboring states to help fight Lake Erie's algae
- April 09, 2015
- Nachusa's first bison calf
- April 06, 2015
- Explore a great place for a nature walk
- March 15, 2015
- Drainage: A Shared Responsibility
- March 11, 2015
- The Benefits of Implementing Conservation in a Watershed
- February 23, 2015
- Conservancy urges reauthorizing invasive species panel
- January 13, 2015
- Removing 17 Elephants from the Wabash River
- December 01, 2014
- The Grand Calumet made grand again after decades of cleanup
- October 29, 2014
- Zoo Earns NISBC’s Sustainable Business of the Year Award
- October 16, 2014
- 'Report IN' Technology Helps in the Fight Against Invasive Species