Colorado Volunteer Opportunities
Most of our volunteer positions, especially in the winter, involve one-on-one assistance to staff members who have a specific need and the bandwidth to work with a volunteer. This process does sometimes take a while, so please be patient! We are not able to place everyone who wants to volunteer, but when we can find a fit the experience can be quite rewarding for both volunteer and staff.
Volunteer Workdays and Events
- Upper Gunnison Basin Habitat Restoration (September 9-12)
- Fall RiverSweep (September 26)
- Chambers Preserve Volunteer Day (September 26)
- Phantom Canyon Solar Electric Fence Maintenance Days (September 2 and October 8)
- Phantom Canyon Fishery Monitoring (September 17-18)
- Antelope Canyon Barbed Wire Fence Maintenance Days (September 25)
- Phantom Canyon Seed Planting Day (October 3)
Boulder Office Volunteers
Volunteers are needed year round at the Boulder office. Please see a current listing of volunteer positions and apply! Opportunities vary and include anything from general office work to specific projects with Conservancy staff.
Volunteer Days at Aiken Canyon Preserve
We need help staffing the Field Station on Saturday or Sunday throughout the year. This is usually a commitment of just one day per month. We open the Field Station and restrooms, keep track of the number of visitors, greet people who come in and provide information on the preserve and The Nature Conservancy. To sign up please contact: Smallplanet2@earthlink.net
Be a Digital Volunteer!
Can't join us in person? Here are some other ways to help.
- Be a part of our global community and join our Great Places Network to get monthly e-news.
- Follow us on Facebook and share our posts with your friends!
- Share your #NatureSelfie to show your love of the Earth!
Volunteer Opportunities Nationwide
Traveling to another state soon and wondering if you can volunteer for The Nature Conservancy while you're there?Learn more about Nature Conservancy volunteer opportunities around the U.S.