Deferred gift annuities are especially designed for younger donors. This gift makes fixed annual payments to you and/or another beneficiary for life, with payments commencing at a future date. The deferred gift annuity offers the same benefits of simplicity, security, and attractive income taxation that the regular gift annuity provides.
How it works
- You transfer cash, securities or other property to The Nature Conservancy.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, The Nature Conservancy begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- The principal passes to The Nature Conservancy after the lifetime(s) of the beneficiaries.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction. The longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive.
- You can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payments.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits both you and The Nature Conservancy later.
Information that may interest you ...
You can protect rivers and lakes and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.