Deferred gift annuities are especially designed for younger donors. This gift makes fixed annual payments to you and/or another beneficiary for life, with payments commencing at a future date. The deferred gift annuity offers the same benefits of simplicity, security, and attractive income taxation that the regular gift annuity provides.
How it works
- You transfer cash, securities or other property to The Nature Conservancy.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, The Nature Conservancy begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- The principal passes to The Nature Conservancy after the lifetime(s) of the beneficiaries.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction. The longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive.
- You can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payments.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits both you and The Nature Conservancy later.
Information that may interest you ...
Learn more about deferred gift annuities here.
Calculate your benefits with our Gift Calculator.
Compare all your giving options.
You can protect rivers and lakes and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.