A charitable gift annuity with The Nature Conservancy can provide you and/or another beneficiary with stable income for life. You may also receive an immediate income tax deduction. It’s a gift that benefits nature and your future.
How it works
- You transfer cash, securities or other property to The Nature Conservancy.
- The Nature Conservancy pays you, or up to two annuitants, a lifetime annuity.
- The principal passes to The Nature Conservancy after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your lifetime annuity is backed by a reserve and the full assets of The Nature Conservancy.
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income and part tax-free income. If the gift is funded with appreciated property, your annuity payments are also part capital gains income (15%).
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and The Nature Conservancy later.
Meet Susan Bruce
A member of The Nature Conservancy for nearly 30 years, Susan Bruce recently chose to create a charitable gift annuity to provide for herself and conserve the natural world. The charitable gift annuity provides Susan with a regular income, a tax benefit and the satisfaction of supporting a cause she cares so much about. Read her story.
Information that may interest you ...
Learn about deferred gift annuities.
Meet Katie and Paul Sholtz and learn about their flexible deferred gift annuity.
Learn about all gifts that pay you back.
You can protect lakes and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.