Volunteer With the Conservancy
Volunteers help The Nature Conservancy devote a major portion of its funds to land conservation, keeping our effectiveness high and our costs low.
There are many volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Use the drop-down menu below to find a volunteer event near you.
If no volunteer events are currently scheduled in your community, check back later this year! You can still connect with nature by exploring a preserve near you or giving back through an online donation. Finally, check out our ideas below for creating your own volunteer event.
Volunteer in Your Community
- Organize a neighborhood tree planting party. Trees give us oxygen, provide wildlife habitat and brighten up the scenery.
- Gather co-workers after work to clean up trash along lakes and rivers. Reschedule that next happy hour and bring folks outside instead.
- Coordinate a free E-Recycling Day to properly dispose of e-waste. Work with your local government to plan an event where it's easy to get rid of old televisions, cell phones and computers.
- Start a community garden. Eating local, organic food nourishes our planet and our bodies.
- Volunteer at your favorite conservation organization like The Nature Conservancy. Be a part of something big when you join our community!
Take a #NatureSelfie
Don't forget to take a #NatureSelfie when you're connecting with nature! It's easy - here's how:
- While you're busy exploring and volunteering in nature, take a moment to stop and take a photo (make sure you're in the pic!)
- Share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or WeChat using hashtag #NatureSelfie. (If you can include the location in your photo caption or tweet, that would be great!)
Need some ideas on where to take a #NatureSelfie? Check out our Explore page to find a Nature Conservancy preserve near you.
Check out these slideshows of some of our past Connect With Nature events!
Las Vegas 2014