Mother's Day Tree Planting at Raven Ridge Natural Area
May 14, 2017
1. Go south on 116 through the light at the intersection of Charlotte Road.
2. Take the first right after the light onto Silver Street and follow for about 5 miles.
3. Turn right onto Davis Road just before the center of Monkton. There will be signs for the Norris Berry Farm.
4. Take the first left onto Rotax Road and follow for about 1.2 miles until you see the parking area on the left and boardwalk on the right. Park here and walk in on the boardwalk. Parking is limited to 8 cars, so please carpool when possible.
From Route 7:
1. In Ferrisburg, turn onto Old Hollow road heading east and follow for about 1.7 miles. Old Hollow Road becomes Hollow Road.
2. Just after the intersection with Higbee Road, bear left at the fork onto Rotax Road and follow for 2.2 miles.
3. You will see the parking area on the left and boardwalk on he right. Park here and walk in on the boardwalk. Parking is lmited to 8 cars, so please carpool.
1. Go north on the Monkton-Bristol Road and follow for about 7 miles to the center of Monkton.
2. Just past the stop sign, bear left onto Davis Road. There are signs for Norris Berry Farm.
Give your mom the gift of nature this Mother’s Day. Join us on Sunday, May 14 from 12-3 pm at our Raven Ridge Natural Area in Monkton, VT. We will be planting about 250 trees to help restore an old field and provide a forested corridor for wildlife to move safely between the northern and southern portions of the preserve.