Make a difference
You can make a difference for the lands and waters you love in Nevada by getting out and giving back to nature through volunteer events across the state.
Volunteers in Nevada
There are many ways to get involved in helping the Conservancy fulfill its mission in Nevada. We work with anyone who is interested at our community volunteer days, and we're always looking to engage corporate partners through volunteer events, too. We love having everyone involved: adults, kids, families, groups of colleagues, community organizations and more. We often need volunteers in Reno/Washoe County, Las Vegas/Clark County, and the Carson City/Douglas County area, though other opportunities may exist. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call to learn more.
Watch this video produced by one of our local corporate volunteer partners, Patagonia, to see our work in action. Our other corporate volunteer partners have included Starbucks Carson Valley Roasting Plant, Caesars Entertainment, Wells Fargo, and NV Energy.
In addition to volunteer events focused on restoration and conservation work – what we like to call “hands-in-dirt” projects – we are also always looking for and open to other types of volunteering you may be interested in.
Examples of this would include but are certainly not limited to:
- Photography of preserves and/or work taking place.
- In-office help with filing, clerical, and general staff support work.
- Specialized support of staff such as GIS mapping, monitoring of research projects, etc.
- Helping with community outreach & volunteer events, acting as a docent at a preserve, or leading tours.
The Conservancy will provide all the tools, but think about bringing:
- Work gloves
- Solid, sturdy shoes.
- Sunscreen and/or sun hat
- Water and a small snack
- Lots of energy!
Also, you can download and print a volunteer waiver form to fill out in order to participate.
Please note that minors need to be accompanied by an adult.
Get Connected with the nature conservancy
- Be a part of our global community and join our Great Places Network to get monthly e-news from Nevada and beyond. Sign up now.
- Follow us on Facebook and share Nature Conservancy social posts with your friends!
Thank You Volunteers!
A big thank you to all the volunteers who have been doing such great! With your help we are able to make great strides forward in the conservation and restoration work across Nevada.
For More Information
Contact Martin Swinehart
Volunteer Coordinator for The Nature Conservancy in Nevada