Volunteer in Michigan
Are you interested in:
- Working with others who share your love of nature?
- Contributing your time and skills to an organization you believe in?
- Broadening your resume and life experiences?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we've got some great opportunities for you. Volunteers help The Nature Conservancy devote a major portion of its funds to land conservation, keeping our effectiveness high and our costs low. Email Michigan Volunteer for more information, or complete a volunteer profile form and return it either electronically or via snail mail.
Are you a student interested in internship opportunities? Watch a video about becoming a marketing intern at our Lansing office.
Be sure to visit our Field Trips and Events page for more information on what's happening in Michigan!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Ives Road Fen Preserve
Saturdays, April & May, September thru November, 8:50 a.m. - 1 p.m. Throughout the spring and fall, you will enjoy seeing butterflies and various bird species. In the spring months, we pull garlic mustard in the floodplain forest next to the River Raisin and enjoy the spring woodland wildflowers and some herptiles. In fall, we cut honeysuckle in the upland area near the prairie and enjoy the fall colors and fall fruits. Workdays include cold drinks and fresh chocolate chip cookies. As a volunteer, you will get a chance to see parts of the preserve that most visitors never get to see. Email Chuck Pearson or call (615) 500-8229 if you are interested in volunteering at Ives Road Fen.
Echo Lake Nature Preserve
We have several volunteer opportunities available at this preserve throughout the season. This biologically rich preserve includes intact, diverse and old forests; dramatic granite bald mountains and bedrock outcroppings; wetlands; creeks; three high rock ponds; and stunning Echo Lake. Volunteers work on invasive species removal, species monitoring, and general preserve and trail maintenance. Email Chris Cantway or call (906)-225-0399 if you are interested in volunteering at Echo Lake.
Be a Digital Volunteer!
Can't join us in person? Here are some other ways to help.
- Run with Team Nature to benefit The Nature Conservancy. Sign up for TeamNature on crowdwise.
- Be a part of our global community and join our Great Places Network to get monthly e-news.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share our posts with your friends!
- Share your photos and videos using #LiveNature to show your love of the Earth!