South Fork Preserve Stewardship Day
July 28, 2018
9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Take 550 south to Ridgway.
- Turn right onto 62 West at the light.
- Continue for about 15 miles, then turn left onto Hwy 145 S towards Telluride.
- Make a right onto Ilium Valley Road at the bottom of Keystone Hill and follow it until you reach the preserve (about 5 miles).
- Park on the right.
- Follow Hwy 160 West to Mancos.
- Turn right on 184 towards Dolores.
- Turn right on Hwy 145 North to Telluride.
- After you go over Lizard Head Pass and pass Trout Lake, look for a sign on the right at Ophir; turn left towards Ames on FS road 625.
- You will see the preserve on your left about 1.5 miles down the hill.
- Park at the second South Fork sign on the left — you will be able to see the boardwalk.
Join Nathan Moyer, The Conservancy's Southwest Colorado Steward, to help steward the South Fork Preserve! Volunteers will pick up trash along Illium Rd, help control musk thistle, and prune willows along boardwalk.
Space is limited. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.