AmeriCorps Stewardship Assistant
Join the Conservancy as a 6-month AmeriCorps Stewardship Assistant. You will be working with staff on the Verde River Projects near Camp Verde, AZ in March and at beautiful, cool Hart Prairie Preserve April through August 2017. You will receive a cost of living stipend, housing and medical insurance are provided at no cost to you, and upon successful completion of your service term you will receive an education award. Selection is dependent upon review of a background check. Applications are accepted at www.nature.org/careers through Friday, Feb. 3, 2017. Download job description.
Volunteer Work Days
If you dream about making a difference, enjoy learning about nature and want to help protect your local natural areas, then Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve wants you.
As a volunteer with The Nature Conservancy's Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve, you'll learn about the diversity of life in southern Arizona while sharing your skills and enthusiasm with staff, volunteers, and guests at the preserve. The preserve is looking for dedicated people to join the team. Volunteers will work in a variety of program areas including restoration, interpretation, trail maintenance, and as greeters in the visitor center.
Current Volunteer Opportunities at the Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve
- Construction of bird habitat along trails
- Trail maintenance, including sign and bench repair
- Bird walk leaders
- Nature and history buffs to help formulate & lead guided walks on the preserve
- Ideas and help with programs for school aged children
- Planting and design ideas for our native plant garden
- RV Site Host: The Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve also provides volunteer opportunities to RV work campers. For more information, see our site host application, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (520) 394-2400.
If any of these opportunities interests you email us at email@example.com or call 520-394-2400 and leave a message
Start Your Adventure Now
Download a volunteer application (.pdf, 209 kb) and return it to the address below.
The Nature Conservancy
c/o 27 Ramsey Canyon Road
Hereford, AZ 85615-9613
Contact Marty Lawrence at mlawrence@tnc or 520-394-2400.