What activities are permitted on Nature Conservancy preserves?
Nature Conservancy preserves offer the chance to experience some of the most unique natural places on the planet, from the last wild grasslands of California to the cold streams of the Kennebec Estuary. Some of the activities you’re invited to enjoy include:
- Hiking—tread lightly in this roadless environment.
- Nature study—explore the diversity of life on Earth.
- Photography—capture fascinating landscapes and natural vistas.
(See photos of Conservancy preserves by a dozen renowned photographers.)
- Birdwatching—observe rare and unique avian species.
- Field Trips—organized by local Nature Conservancy chapters.
- Volunteer—help maintain a preserve near you.
Some preserves also offer:
- Cross-country skiing
- Hunting and fishing (in limited cases)
October 25, 2013