Many of our supporters leave a gift to The Nature Conservancy in their wills or estate plans so they can do even more to protect nature for future generations. You can, too. By making a simple gift in your will you can help protect our natural resources for years to come.
Fill out our online form to learn more or contact us at (877) 812-3698.
How It Works
- You designate a particular asset or a percentage of your estate to The Nature Conservancy by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust. You can make the Conservancy a "contingent beneficiary."
- The Nature Conservancy receives the gift after your lifetime and applies it to the purpose(s) you specified.
- Your gift costs you nothing now. You retain control of your assets during your lifetime.
- You can change your mind or modify your gift if circumstances change.
- Your gift can remain anonymous if you choose.
- Your gift may provide tax savings or help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone who inspired your love of nature.
- You will be remembered as someone whose legacy included protecting nature, transforming how we use natural resources and inspiring action for our planet.
- Please talk with us as you are drafting your will if you want to restrict the use of your bequest. The more narrowly you restrict its use, the greater the risk that the program you want to support won't be as vital when we receive your gift in the future.
- Similarly, please let us know in advance if you intend to bequeath real estate, a business interest or other specialized property.
- The remaining balance in your retirement plan makes a tax-wise gift and can be donated to charity. Use your plan's successor beneficiary form to avoid having it included in your taxable estate.
- There are several types of bequests with different ways to control how your estate is distributed.
Have you already made a gift through your will, retirement plan or insurance policy for the future of nature? If so, please let us know your plans so we can thank you and welcome you to The Legacy Club.
We're here to help. To notify us of a legacy gift you have planned, or to discuss the best gift option for you, please contact us via our online form or at (877) 812-3698.
- Interested in naming The Nature Conservancy as a beneficiary of your will or trust? Get the legal language and tax ID.
- Let us know your plans! If you have left the Conservancy in your estate plans we would like to thank you and welcome you to The Legacy Club.
- Free resource: Check out our downloadable Estate Planning Guide.
You can protect grasslands, prairies and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.