Help conservation in the future by naming the Conservancy as a beneficiary of a Pooled Income Fund. Secure lifetime income for yourself and deliver significant support to us. Similar to a mutual fund, your gift of cash or securities to our Pooled Income Fund is comingled with those of other donors and you receive a pro rata share of the fund’s dividends and interest.
How it works
- You transfer cash or securities to the Pooled Income Fund.
- The fund issues you units and pays you, or up to two income beneficiaries, the annual income attributable to your units for life. The principal attributed to your units passes to The Nature Conservancy at the end of the last income beneficiary's lifetime.
- Receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift to the fund.
- Pay no capital gains tax on any appreciated assets you donate.
- May receive income in excess of dividends you were receiving on the securities you donated.
- Have the satisfaction of making a gift that benefits you now and The Nature Conservancy later.
- There are many types of life-income gifts. Learn more.
- Find out how making a charitable gift annuity can support you and nature.
You can protect wetlands and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.