Head deep into the woods to enjoy tranquil days surrounded by Maine’s unadorned beauty
2020 Legacy Journeys
During this journey, we will reside among the moose, beavers, Canada lynx and other wildlife that inhabit a landscape where local news is delivered through the hoots, yodels and tremolos of loons. This week, we will settle into a comfortable, family-owned resort on Millinocket Lake to enjoy the picture-perfect scenery. Plan on numerous opportunities to take in the solitude and abundant natural beauty during a hike, a paddle or from the porch with a view of Maine’s highest mountain, Mount Katahdin.
- Climb aboard a pontoon boat for a moose safari.
- Take a paddling tour of TNC’s groundbreaking Penobscot River dam removal project.
- Board a float plane for an aerial tour of the Maine Highlands.
- Hike the Ice Caves Trail that features beautiful views of Katahdin, old-growth forest, lakes and surrounding mountains.
- Visit an active logging operation to see sustainable forestry in action.
- Dine on Atlantic lobster, blueberry cobbler and other fresh, regional delicacies.
- Explore Millinocket, a charming village on the rebound after the collapse of the local paper industry.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: September 27-October 2
Joe Solomon | (800) 329-4930 | email@example.com
Millinocket, Maine | Explore Our Work in this Region