Maine - SOLD OUT
Head deep into the woods to enjoy tranquil days surrounded by Maine’s unadorned beauty
This trip is FULL. To join the waitlist, contact Joe Solomon at (800) 329-4930 or email@example.com.
2020 Legacy Journeys
During this journey, we will reside among the moose, beavers, Canada lynx and other wildlife that inhabit a landscape where local news is delivered through the hoots, yodels and tremolos of loons. This week, we will settle into a comfortable, family-owned resort on Millinocket Lake to enjoy the picture-perfect scenery. Plan on numerous opportunities to take in the solitude and abundant natural beauty during a hike, a paddle or from the porch with a view of Maine’s highest mountain, Mount Katahdin.
- Climb aboard a pontoon boat for a moose safari.
- Take a paddling tour of TNC’s groundbreaking Penobscot River dam removal project.
- Board a float plane for an aerial tour of the Maine Highlands.
- Hike the Ice Caves Trail that features beautiful views of Katahdin, old-growth forest, lakes and surrounding mountains.
- Visit an active logging operation to see sustainable forestry in action.
- Dine on Atlantic lobster, blueberry cobbler and other fresh, regional delicacies.
- Explore Millinocket, a charming village on the rebound after the collapse of the local paper industry.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: September 27-October 2
Joe Solomon | (800) 329-4930 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Millinocket, Maine | Explore Our Work in this Region