2019 Legacy Journeys
Nestled in the shadow of Mount Katahdin, just south of Baxter State Park, The Nature Conservancy’s Debsconeag Lakes Wilderness Area provides a vital link in nearly 500,000 acres of contiguous conservation land. Come hike to the sound of songbirds, through a peaceful setting of mossy logs and ancient trees that is home to moose, bobcats, black bears and pine martens. Fish pristine lakes full of brook trout, bass and rare freshwater mussels. Look to the skies to see bald eagles soaring above the shoreline of the Penobscot River. We invite you to enjoy this magical place—on foot, by paddle and maybe even from the seat of a floatplane.
- Spend a week in the presence of Katahdin, the highest mountain in the Pine Tree State.
- Hike the Ice Caves Trail, a classic Maine excursion with beautiful views of lakes, mountains and woods.
- Join a local guide to search for moose or birds.
- Paddle on the Penobscot River.
- Cast a line into one of the region’s many pristine freshwater lakes.
- Dine on fresh Maine lobster and blueberry cobbler.
- Visit an active logging project to learn about sustainable forestry in the North Woods.
- Hear from staff and local partners to learn how TNC works with local communities to build a nature-based economy.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: September 22-27, 2019
Joe Solomon | (800) 329-4930 | email@example.com
Millinocket, Maine | Explore Our Work in this Region