The Boundary Waters, Minnesota
Explore the rugged shoreline of Lake Superior and a landscape shaped by glaciers
This trip is FULL. For more information, please contact Julie Fannon at (866) 900-1146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Legacy Journeys
The one-million-acre Boundary Waters Wilderness encompasses rugged cliffs, rocky shores and countless lakes. We will travel up the shore of Lake Superior, the centerpiece of this journey, to find picturesque beaches, lush forests and historic lighthouses. In addition to exploring the region’s natural history—its flora, fauna, geography and geology—we will learn about its culture and the American Indian, voyageurs, miners, loggers and resort owners who shaped its destiny.
- Watch birds of prey soar over Hawk Ridge during their annual migration.
- Visit the historic Naniboujou Lodge with its brightly colored, canoe-shaped ceiling, once described as a “North Woods Sistine Chapel.”
- Learn about TNC’s work near Grand Portage and on private lands at Cathedral Grove, one of the best examples of old-growth white pine and white cedar trees in Minnesota.
- See a spectacular waterfall at Cascade River State Park and enjoy a picnic lunch nearby.
- Join a naturalist in exploring Lake Superior’s shoreline.
- Listen for common loons on Boundary Waters lakes from Gunflint Lodge and look for moose from the vantage point of a canoe.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: September 15-23
Julie Fannon | (866) 900-1146 | email@example.com
Grand Marais, Minnesota | Explore Our Work in this Region