2019 Legacy Journeys
Tap into your inner adventurer and experience the last truly wild landscape in the United States, a place where vast reaches of land and water are accessible only by foot, floatplane, boat or dog sled. It’s a place where millions of migrating wild salmon return each year to spawn, where orcas and humpback whales grace the sea, and where caribou herds, grizzly and black bears regularly roam. Our journey narrows in on the Kenai Peninsula, a wilderness located south of Anchorage that promises sightings of iconic wildlife against a backdrop of glacier-covered mountains and pristine waters.
- Take a stroll around Anchorage’s art galleries and shops.
- Ride a tram to the top of Mount Alyeska for a bird’s-eye view of seven glaciers.
- Scan for eagles, salmon, bears and moose during a guided rafting excursion on the Kenai River.
- Cruise the rugged coastline of Kenai Fjords National Park to see whales, puffins and sea lions.
- Kayak and canoe amid icebergs near the face of a glacier.
- Relax on the deck of a lodge in the company of curious sea otters.
- Board the historic Alaska Railroad for a scenic backcountry rail tour.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: August 18-25, 2019
Amy LaHaie McCartney | (907) 783-2928 or (800) 334-8730 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska | Explore Our Work in this Region