Pine Butte Guest Ranch, Montana - PAST ITINERARY
Experience the old American West where Montana's rugged beauty meets the big sky
This an example of a past Legacy Journey. A determination about 2021 trips will be made by the new year. Look for an update in January 2021.
Pine Butte Guest Ranch
As one of the nation’s largest yet least populated states, Montana boasts vast expanses of wilderness that are habitats for moose, mountain lions, lynx and a great variety of birds— from warblers and waterfowl to raptors. It is also one of the last places in the lower 48 states where grizzly bears roam freely. Whether walking, riding a horse or sitting under a big sky of twinkling stars, we invite you to enjoy the rugged and beautiful Rocky Mountain Front as a guest at our 13,000-acre Pine Butte Preserve.
- Set out on trails that pass lush wetlands, century-old pines, rock outcrops, alpine streams and views that never end.
- Listen to naturalists talk about North America’s largest intact ecosystem and the species described more than 200 years ago by Lewis and Clark that are still present in the region.
- Ride horseback through the high meadows of the Rocky Mountain foothills.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of TNC conservation projects focused on preserving one of the remaining pristine Western landscapes.
- Soak in the ranch’s rustic vibe while relaxing in one of its sturdy porch rockers.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Choteau, Montana | Explore Our Work in this Region