Little St. Simons Island, Georgia
Envision a tranquil morning on an island off the Georgia coast
2020 Legacy Journeys
Little St. Simons Island
Smell the salt air and feel the sand beneath your feet while admiring the seashells and shorebirds during tranquil mornings on the beaches of this Georgia barrier island. The relaxed, slower pace continues with days spent exploring maritime forests, tidal creeks, salt marshes and other pristine pockets on this private, undeveloped barrier island. If venturing out isn’t in the plans, find a quiet spot surrounded by the sounds of nature. Stop by the organic garden for a peek at the herbs, vegetables and fruits that will be enjoyed at each traditional Southern meal.
- Accompany an island naturalist to look for wildlife and learn about local history.
- Feel a million miles away while paddling through the salt marshes in a kayak or canoe.
- See what’s biting in the tidal creeks or surf with spin gear and fly rods, bait and artificial lures provided by the lodge.
- Climb aboard a truck for a safari that leads to habitats harboring native reptiles and amphibians.
- Take your binoculars and bird list to the viewing towers and blinds at Myrtle Pond.
- Dine on local Georgia shrimp on the patio, under the shade of ancient moss-draped oaks.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: May 8-14
Shana Love | (912) 634-5382 or (888) 733-5774 | email@example.com
Little St. Simons Island, Georgia | Explore Our Work in this Region