Savor a beautiful setting with lush forests and turquoise waters
2020 Legacy Journeys
This journey will take you to the white beaches of Punta Cana and the Samaná Peninsula, and the best hiking and bird-watching spots at Parque Nacional del Este. You can also get a closer look at colorful coral reefs teeming with sea life at the numerous snorkeling and diving sites along the coast. During the trip, our staff will relate how TNC conserves nature to support the lives and livelihoods of the island’s population.
- Swim in the protected waters surrounding Saona Island, part of Parque Nacional del Este.
- Hike in Cotubanamá National Park to see Cueva Padre Nuestro.
- Visit the Center for Marine Innovation to learn about Grupo Puntacana Foundation’s work with coral and its partnership with TNC.
- Visit scenic Cayo la Farola, a small cay that the locals are boosting as an ecotourism destination.
- Don snorkeling gear for an underwater view of coral propagation at work.
- Enjoy a day of humpback whale watching in Samaná Bay.
- Experience the sights and sounds of Santo Domingo’s historic Colonial City.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: March 1-7
Joe Solomon | (800) 329-4930 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican Republic | Explore Our Work in this Region