THIS TRIP IS FULL. To be added to the waitlist, contact Joe Solomon at (800) 329-4930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Legacy Journeys
There is no better way to understand the scale at which The Nature Conservancy is working to conserve Louisiana’s vital ecosystems than from the seat of a seaplane. * The height of this trip is a bird’s-eye tour of the Pelican State’s bayous, forests and the formidable Mississippi River. Before taking to the skies, get up-close and personal with the sentinels of the swamp by boating on skiffs amid towering bald cypress and tupelo trees. Along the way, there will be chances to experience unparalleled bird-watching during peak migration and enjoy sweet beignets, savory gumbo and other world-famous cuisine. You can even dance to some zydeco!
*Seaplane departure is weather-dependent.
- Enjoy a traditional Louisiana crawfish boil in the Cajun town of Breaux Bridge.
- Visit the French Quarter and other hot spots in “The Big Easy.”
- Settle in at The Fallout, a Grand Isle camp where birds making their first stop after crossing the Gulf of Mexico during their northbound migration appear to fall out of the sky with fatigue while taking refuge in Lafitte Woods.
- See one of North America’s largest rookeries of nesting herons, egrets and roseate spoonbills at Cypress Island Preserve.
- Tour the Atchafalaya Conservation Center. Look for dolphins and migrating birds aboard a skiff ride to visit oyster beds.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: April 14-19, 2019
Joe Solomon | (800) 329-4930 | email@example.com
Coastal Louisiana | Explore Our Work in this Region