Immerse yourself in Hawaii's natural splendor
This trip is SOLD OUT. To join the waitlist, contact Leslie Pelton at (808) 732-1999 or email@example.com.
2020 Legacy Journeys
Our trip to three of Hawaii’s eight main islands—Maui, Moloka‘i and Kaua‘i— reaches beyond beautiful sunsets and crystal clear waters to embrace a heritage of endemic plants and animals, rich Hawaiian culture and a dynamic landscape. After exploring Maui from ridge to reef, we’ll visit Moloka‘i’s Mo’omomi Preserve, where a windy, salt-sprayed environment support native Hawaiian species, including ‘ua’u kani (wedge-tailed shearwater) colony. Then head to Kaua‘i to discover its natural treasures, including Waimea Canyon, dubbed “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
- Snorkel with TNC’s Maui marine program director.
- Witness humpback whales that have migrated from Alaska to breed in the warm waters of the ‘Au‘au Channel.
- Bring binoculars to the Waikamoi Preserve, a rainforest that harbors endemic native birds, including the critically endangered ākohekohe and kiwikiu, found only on Maui.
- Watch red-footed boobies nest in trees and Laysan albatrosses gliding over the waves at Kīlauea Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- Hike along the Pihea Trail through the high-elevation forest of the Alaka‘i Swamp.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS
Dates: February 23 - March 2
Leslie Pelton | (808) 732-1999 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawaii | Explore Our Work in this Region