Please join TNC staff and volunteers for a day (or more) to assist with the habitat restoration of this special ecosystem.
What to expect
- Port-a-potty facility available in the parking lot
- Lots of walking, water & mud
What to bring
- Good boots/sturdy shoes (will suffice for walking on the boardwalk) and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Hip waders (if you want to work in the bog)
- Water bottle: extra water will be available to fill up
- Pack a lunch
- * Ear Protection (earmuff or foam ear plugs)
- *Eye Protection (sunglasses or safety goggles)
- Change of clothes
- *Thick leather work gloves
*Can be provided if needed All other equipment will be provided
Pre-registration for this event is required. Because the restoration spans several days and weather will be a factor, identifying the specific days you are planning to attend is critical. Meeting location and directions will be shared upon registration.
Register for the day(s) you'd like to participate here.
Take a Closer Look at our Tannersville Cranberry Bog Preserve
Known locally as “The Cranberry,” this geological remnant of a long-ago ice age was one of TNC’s first preserves in Pennsylvania.